Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finish the sentence for me, please :)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

My mother was...

Fill in the blank.

I've always wondered how other women saw their mothers growing up.  I never knew my mom had feelings and a personality until I was like 18 years old, no joke, because she completely put that aside to be a mom.  Personally, I don't wish to repeat that, I want my children to know me not JUST as their mother but as a woman too.

So.

MY mother was... reserved.

How did you view your mother growing up?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Tannaris
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Crazy, Fun, Abusive on a level and my friend

CafeMom Tickers
victoriaherring
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:33 AM

My mother was awesome.. she was very much a mother when i was young but once i started getting old enough to understand things... pretty much once i was reaching high school she became one of my best friends.. she did a really good job at keeping the two separate but made sure that she was a mother when she needed to be and a friend when i needed one.. we were very much like the Gilmore girls.. I love her because she is very level headed and although we have very different opinions about things it doesn't affect our relationship.

jbanks809
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Quoting victoriaherring:

My mother was awesome.. she was very much a mother when i was young but once i started getting old enough to understand things... pretty much once i was reaching high school she became one of my best friends.. she did a really good job at keeping the two separate but made sure that she was a mother when she needed to be and a friend when i needed one.. we were very much like the Gilmore girls.. I love her because she is very level headed and although we have very different opinions about things it doesn't affect our relationship.

my mother was ...everything i hope to be in a mom

my mom was exactly the same way, and we are still very close

victoriaherring
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:46 AM

is it sad that i'm even naming my daughter Lorelei.. haha.. but seriously, i am. I may even take it one step further and name her Lorelei Victoria, the exact name of the mom on the show.. but my name is Victoria Lauren so it is close to Lorelei Victoria.

Quoting jbanks809:

Quoting victoriaherring:

my mother was ...everything i hope to be in a mom

my mom was exactly the same way, and we are still very close

palemoon21
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:15 AM

sheltering....

kimwilson16
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:29 AM

showed be how to be a mom. I hope I am doing half as good of job as she did.

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:57 AM

dedicated to her job....

luvmylife5
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Quoting housefullofkidz:

dedicated to her job....

This exactly. She canned food and she made everything from scratch, our house was always spotless and we were always taken care of. With as many kids as we had that is no small feat, I just pray that I am half the mother that she was. Her children always came first, and she was devoted to being a wife and mother.

That is exactly how I feel about my role, and I hope my children feel the way about me that I feel about my mother!

CafeMom Tickers                    

sandraberke
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:46 AM

my mouther was. . .

someone i do not wish to turn into- shes obsessed with shopping that has put her and my dad into debt. she wanted to try and be ur freind instead of a role model let alone a disaplinarian.let me get away with pretty much murder, knwe that i was doing wrong and instead of teaching me she would do the wrong right along with me. she is load, and obnoxious.and rude. and has done things in my life that i think a women let alone a married women should not of done'

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)