Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going back to school/online classes- input needed- if u could what would u do?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:06 AM
  • 5 Replies

so dh has gotten it into his head that i need to go back to school and get a dregree in something. of course i need to be able to do it online since i will be having three kids her shortly. (not at once just in total) and so ive been looking into it but nouthing i want to do is available online- so i guess i need to start looking into something else. ie something i can do online-

if u could what would you go back to school for?

any mommies out there that went back to school / online with three young kids in the house??

im put is needed-plllleaase!

hero-daddy-daughter.gif picture by sandraberkepeacesigsns.jpg picture by sandraberkebabyonytheway2.gif picture by sandraberkehero-daddy-son.gif picture by sandraberkeGIJOE.gif picture by sandraberke

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jellybelly88
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Good Morning,

I am currently going to school online with CTU. I use to go to University of Phoenix online back in 2006 but I dropped out for many reasons ( too many excuses) Back in Oct of last year I started up again because my husband was deployed and I was a stay at home mom and wifey. So why not due something while I am at home, right? :)

I have two children, one is going to be 8 in May and my son is 5. Plus one on the way. I think going to school online is great. You get that extra financial aid every 4-6 months. It really depends on your school. My classes are 5 1/2 weeks long. I am going for my Business degree. I will be getting my Associates in Nov. 2010. I already signed up to take classes for my Bachelors degree right after.

You should really look into taking clasees onlinr, it is a self paced. Don't get me worng you do have asingment due dates but I wanna say at least two assingments a wekk. Not bad at all. But, good luck to you and I hope you found this helpful.

Silvia1011
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I don't have 3 kids, I will have two in August.  My DD is in kindergarten and I've been in nursing school since January 2009.  I hope to graduate at the beginning of August this year, and I'm praying it works out with my baby's due date.  I will have an online class in the summer as well as a campus class with clinicals and preceptorship.  I'll be really busy, but I have to do it.  I plan on taking classes online at University of Phoenix for my bachelor's.

foreverhis69
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Hello! :D

I have a 2 year old and I am due with my 2nd child in December. I was going to go back to school and take online classes for Early Childhood Education and was thinking about becoming a kindergarden teacher. It's a 2 year associates degree. I didn't sign up for the classes because I found out that they are $300 each year. I could get finicial aid, but I would have signed up too late to get the $300 for the first year and we didn't have that kinda money to just pull out of our pocket. But I do plan on doing Early Childhood Education as soon as the next classes open up.  :D

..Engaged to Troy..
..Mama to Caleb..

alliesaurus
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I am going back for my business degree in the fall online through an online school that the military offers to spouses. I only need like 16 more credits or something out of 60!!

KSmommy07
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I am.  I am only taking general ed. classes now for an A.S. degree and I only take like 3 classes a semester.  It is going to take me a while but I will get it done eventually.  I have an 18 month old son and will soon have a newborn girl.  In fact I had to ask my instructors if they would let me do my finals early because I am having my c-section this Friday and will be recovering during finals week.  It can be done...it's hard work but it can be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)