Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I have some question(s)...(slight TMI)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

...because I can't seem to find anything on the Internet and my mother is no help because she doesn't remember.  

So experienced mommies I need your help!  Keep in mind, I'm 21 weeks, (although I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead) healthy, (just overweight) and no blood pressure problems.

1. When did you (if you had to) take off your wedding ring/engagement ring?  My fingers are like sausages and I'm debating about taking off my ring already.  Sometimes it's hard to take off my ring, especially when I first wake up in the morning.

2. Again at night, when I wake up to pee (like 5 times a night) my hands are swollen and they hurt.  I try not to sleep on them, but sometimes it just happens.  Does anyone have any tricks to prevent that from happening? 

3. When did the baby start pushing on your bladder?  I swear for the past 4 days he's constantly on it. 

4. Every once in a while I get a sharp pain in my vagina.  I don't know if it's a kick or what.  It usually is really quick but it happens about 3 or 4 times in a row.  Is that the baby kicking me down there?

5. Has anyone taken colace for hard stools/ constipation?  My DR told me to use it, but I'm kind of hesitant to.  My system seems to only have two settings: either I go and its painful or it's diarrhea.

Sorry for the TMI...thanks ladies!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

There's not one day that doesn't go back that mommy and daddy aren't thinking about you munchkin.  We love you ~~Gone but never forgotten:  7/7/09~~Proud to be my Redneck's woman. 
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
starrymonkey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I can't really help with the swelling, because my hands never got swollen with my first pregnancy (I got lucky, I can't imagine how uncomfortable that is), just my feet, and that wasn't until two weeks before my due date.

As far as the pain goes, that's normal as far as I know.  I can't for the life of me remember what it is, but I'm sure another momma on here will know!

DS used to like to dance on my bladder - drove me crazy!  Right about where you are is when he started.  

I'd take stool softeners, they shouldn't give you diarreah, they should just make it a bit easier to go.  I had to be put on them after I had DS because he gave me a 4th degree tear and they didn't want me to rip my stitches.  I never had a problem.

sorry I wasn't super helpful, Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

JHall
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM

With my first I think I finally did it around 30 weeks it usually helps when my hands are cold. My fingers were the same way little sausages.  I didn't find anything that helped in preventing them from getting so swollen.  this little girl has been on mine since about 20 weeks I think she lives on my bladder now...LOL  I hate the sharp pains down there they hurt and a bit annoying but it is very normal.  The stool question I'm not sure about I've havent had this problem but I tend to eat things that will make me go cause I have the same problem 2 settings and neither of the 2 are a good middle.  Try adding more fiber to your diet but I've found too much can actually start problems.  Sorry I'm no help with that one.

Jess0915
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Hi!

Sorry these aren't in order, lol.

I get those sharp pains too, I do remember getting them with both my other babies, so I'm sure it's no big deal. They come and go and are pretty quick. My guess is that it's just "stuff" getting ready down there. Lol.

As far as the ring goes, have you tried eating watermelon? I read in a natural remedy book that watermelon helps with water weight  in pregnant women. I've been eating it regularly and haven't had a problem with water weight. :-) It's worth a try! My ring fits fine and usually at this stage in my pregnancies I've had to go up a shoe size! Not this time.

I've had the same problem with stools this pregnancy, either too hard or diarrhea, so I feel your pain. I've added a fiber cereal to my routine. I eat it every morning and sometimes for a snack in the afternoon and it's helped. I'm scared to take any medicines so I tried to find a way with food and it's gotten better. I don't "go" every day, only every three days, so I'm not even sure I'm normal in this area. I don't remember from my last pregnancy, but I really don't think I had these issues.

Good luck mama! I hope things get better!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
JenC447
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Everything sounds pretty normal and as far as the colace my Dr. said that I can take one in the morning and one at night. I did that until I became regular and then went to talking one in the morning. I had too take them before I took them I went once a week if that and the last time my stool had blood in it from the hard stools irritating my intestines sorry for the tmi but I was trying to add fiber and fruits and veggies but my body obviously doesn't work that way. Good luck momma!!

SapphireMomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Thank you ladies!  I will try the watermellon and see what happens.  I never heard of that, but it's worth a shot.

As far as fiber...I've already added that to my diet...this hasn't been a new problem for me.  The DR did warn me about adding too much that's why I was told to try the colace.  Since juice just makes the problem worse lol. 

I'm pretty sure little man is dancing on my bladder and I think I have an UTI or bladder infection.  Cause I'm going wayyyy too much.  (I've been up since 6 and it's been about 2 times an hour...and it's only 9.)

Any advice is appreicated!  :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

There's not one day that doesn't go back that mommy and daddy aren't thinking about you munchkin.  We love you ~~Gone but never forgotten:  7/7/09~~Proud to be my Redneck's woman. 
SapphireMomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:28 AM

BUMP!

ready_for2
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Quoting SapphireMomma:

...because I can't seem to find anything on the Internet and my mother is no help because she doesn't remember.  

So experienced mommies I need your help!  Keep in mind, I'm 21 weeks, (although I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead) healthy, (just overweight) and no blood pressure problems.

1. When did you (if you had to) take off your wedding ring/engagement ring?  My fingers are like sausages and I'm debating about taking off my ring already.  Sometimes it's hard to take off my ring, especially when I first wake up in the morning. never had this problem

2. Again at night, when I wake up to pee (like 5 times a night) my hands are swollen and they hurt.  I try not to sleep on them, but sometimes it just happens.  Does anyone have any tricks to prevent that from happening? i dont know, sorry!

3. When did the baby start pushing on your bladder?  I swear for the past 4 days he's constantly on it. i dont remember the first time, im 8 weeks this time and pee constantly already!

4. Every once in a while I get a sharp pain in my vagina.  I don't know if it's a kick or what.  It usually is really quick but it happens about 3 or 4 times in a row.  Is that the baby kicking me down there?it could be, it could also be stretching of your ligaments or other things

5. Has anyone taken colace for hard stools/ constipation?  My DR told me to use it, but I'm kind of hesitant to.  My system seems to only have two settings: either I go and its painful or it's diarrhea.no i never tried that, but i did have constipation problems

Sorry for the TMI...thanks ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)