Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I really need - cloths!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

What did you get for baby cloths wise before they where born. We have a few things, some plain onezies and such but I know we need a few more things. How many items and what type of items did you get?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
starrymonkey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Oh jeez... I had a TON of stuff!  But my two best girlfriends had boys not long before I did - one had her son ten months before I had DS, and the other had her son 6 months before I had him.  So they gave me a ton of stuff!  Plus, my mom went kinda nuts lol.

What we used most - and what I'll be buying the most of for this baby:  Onsies, can never have too many.  White, colored, doesn't matter, He almost always wore one for the first few months!  Sleep sacks/gowns.  They were fantastic, because when I had to change him in the middle of the night, I wasn't messing with pants, or snaps, I just pulled it up, changed the diaper, and pulled it back down.  Socks!

Other than that, it was just a bunch of cute outfits and such.  We had a nice little coat for him because he was born in November, a couple of hats that he refused to wear (he still hates hats), his coming home outfit, and so on.

I loved, loved, loved the little one piece outfits with the feet.  Any pretty much anything made by Carters - too cute!  Haha.

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

sandraberke
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:09 AM

yeah no ive got a ton of stuff so far but mostly onsies- onsies and recieving blankets. and  some little light weight shorts for her'

since its fixing to get hot id say onsies and some shorts. thats it- : >

TattooedMomma88
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:11 AM

we'll to tell you the truth all you'll really need is onesies, gowns, sleepers with the footies and maybe 7-10 outfits if you want to take them out and about in style..i dont like taking them out in onesies, i'm more of a shirt,shorts/jeans, socks, shoes person lol so some shoes and socks too :) good luck! we're all set for the first 3months.

Ammie25
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:47 AM

A relative of mine has a 1 yr old daughter, and she hadn't given away any of her stuff yet. I had the perfect timing as far as that went! So I have a ton of stuff 0-3 mo-18 mo. And the 0-3 months clothes fill an entire dresser! I was so excited to see that I'd start off with more than enough in the first few months. She also has tons of other baby goodies like a bouncy seat, boppy pillow, bathtub, etc.

I got a dresser for baby clothes at a Thrift store for $50 or so. And I just found an awesome crib and stroller (European made) for $45 dollars total. Bargains are my best friend!

Other than that, I am counting on my Baby Shower (May 1st) for more items. Just a matter of figuring out what I need!

Mommy to a 6 year old boy, and expecting a girl!

sparklebug86
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:54 AM

with my son I went WAY overboard with the NB outfits. Meaing cute little sets. He really only wore those to go out and he only went out to grandmas and once to church so he never really got to wear them. This time around I am getting probably 3 packs of gerber onesies, a couple of cute onesies (for going to the dr.), some gowns (my son loved the gowns) and a couple of outfits to wear out of the house. As far as everything else..... 2-3 towels and 2-3 washcloths, 6 bottles, 4 pacis, 1 or 2 soft blankets. 1 or 2 packs of recieving blankets, burp cloths and a miracle blanket (or swaddle blankets.)   I got a TON of stuff from my sons baby shower and I ended up not needing most of it but I was stupid and took the tags off of everything and washed it :(

mom2manymonkeys
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM

i would say onsies pants and sleepers and recieving blankets and something to use for burb rags

ginger813
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Definitely lots of onesies. I liked to put my girls in little sundresses, they're so cute! (my DD's were born in May and June) You'll need some pants for cooler days and maybe a sweater for those cool summer nights.  Um, also sleepers and socks, and whatever little outfits look cute. I always buy WAY to many clothes though! My DH refuses to go shopping with me if I'm going for baby clothes, because he knows I'll be there forever, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)