Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please read and help me if ya can few questions maybe tmi updated

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM
  • 8 Replies

ok first off is I have been feeling off  pretty bad most of yesterday , but last night was the kicker I was  up for over 3 hours cramping and having to use  bathroom like diarea ( sorry sp?) and I also threw up this is how my first labor was with dd1 she was born at 37 1/2 weeks  ok I am scared I am in labor now and I will be 34 weeks tomorrow I am scared because I want her to make it and I am scared she wont. so my questions I guess are

1) does anyone else have a labor  expierence like this?

2)  is the chances  pretty good for a 34 weeker( I also have measured big a couple weeks ahead each time does that mean anything )

3) If she is born right now will she need alot of help on outside

4) Should I go to the hospital to be safe I am scared I will look silly 

TIA please help if ya can

update: I went to the hospital last night and they monitored me for a little while . I was having concractions but wasnt dialted so they thought it was from being naseous and they gave me iv fluids to help me feel better. Which I do feel better alot better better then I have in awhile . So I am glad I went in and glad to know she will be in there a little longer :) thanks for all the help and support

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM

bump - because I have no idea.  Have you called your OB?

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I would just call your Dr. and ask to be seen. Since it is Monday you should have no problem getting hold of them. You may have a small virus going thru you. Abdominal cramps could be because of the virus or small amount of dehydration. Good luck with everything.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:54 AM

id call you ob- but. .  .

ive had constant throwing up and direah for the past two weeks. this CAN cause u to go into labor- said my ob which is why im on constant watch now'

chances are great for you right now- he /she wont need much help just problaly help breathing a little bit'

and if u really feel like u need to go in and get checked then do'i was told that since im throwing up and have direah that if i have the slightest feeling im in labor to go asap. since if cuaght in time they can stop the labor. but if u wait too long they cant stop it-

: / but either u ate something that didnt agree with you or . . .idk ..

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I have no idea.  My last 2 labors were totally different.  I would call your OB just to make sure.  I would say the chances are good for a 34weeker that doesn't have any health problems before birth.  My second was born at 35 weeks and other then her medical state she was healthy she was almost 5lbs.  My best friend had her little boy nearly a month early and he was very healthy just a bit small. My sister even 26 years ago was a month and a half early aside from her health issues before birth was a healthy baby and came home in a week of birth. The medical area has come along way when it comes to early babies. So I wouldn't worry there.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:00 AM

i would call your dr. sorry i couldnt be of more help but there are no silly or stupid questions when your prego

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I had my first daughter 4 weeks early. she was in NICU for a week. she had tubes all over. But she is now 4 and full of energy and just had a check up and she is growing just fine and smart as well. so, don't worry too much, there are alot of things they can do now that they couldn't years ago. my other son was in the nicu for around 4 days for fluid on his lungs. I was also in labor for around 16 hours with my first, so, all my pregnancies, have been tramatic, but the last one was really scarey, but I am thankful to God and everyone, it turned out like it did. but, I can't tell you how many times I called my OB during every one of my pregnacies either. so, if you ever have concerns, just call her or her nurse.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I agree with your OB.  There are no stupid questions while pregnant.  It might be a virus and because of that you're dehydrated and that's causing the cramping.  Since you're almost there in your pregnancy it's best to be seen.  Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone I maybe going to dr to get checked out but she is still moving a lot so I'm nt sure
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)