Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

menstral like cramps = round ligament pain??

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:02 AM
  • 9 Replies

so like a few weeks ago i went into L&D cause my dr told me to go get checked cause im having really really really bad menstral like cramps. like i feel like i should be on the rag , i keep checking to make sure im not bleeding- nouthing so far. but the person who checked me out- i guess one fo those nurse pracs. said it was just round ligament pain??

ive been dealing with it since then. but today its bad again- it feel relly really really crampy. and been having some braxston hicks this morning.

is this just round ligament pain, what can i do to ease this!?!?

anyone else having issues with me?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SapphireMomma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I have had round ligament pain my entire pregnancy so far and I've started having BH within the past 3 weeks.  I'm not as far as you, but I know how you feel.  My DR told me to try to get into a warm bath and relax to help ease the pain.  Either that or just relax on your left side and drink water.   I found the best thing for me is to get into the shower and just let the water rush over me.  I hope you feel better soon!  I know how much it hurts. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I have been having some bad ligament pains too.  I try to take a warm shower, and sleep with extra pillows.  It sounds like what you are experiencing is constant and you never get a relief.  I at times get a relief from the pains.  What did your doctor think (besides the nurse who checked you)?  Have you tried taking tylenol for the pains?

sandraberke
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM

ive been taking tylenol like round the clock along with my phenegren to keep food down'

ive only seen my dr one time this pregnancy and that was last week. i had a list of thigns to discuss with her but that wasnt one of the items  since i wasnt having an issue with it then.

its just more frequently started acting up again'

i hate this cause i spend a mojority of my time crying and in pain

mstevens10
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I'm the same way... I started feeling like peroid cramps for the last day and it feels like I should be on mine as well... but there is no bleeding at all.. I was wondering if it was RL pain or something else... I started a few days ago with BH but its just maybe 3 or 4 a day.

mstevens10
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:02 AM

BUMP!

milrtme80
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I had those last week but only for a couple days. I didn't have any contractions. I have to call my OB today though because I am having a few contractions and I started spotting this morning. We'll see what happens.

Ammie25
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM

For me, I don't think round ligament pain feels anything like menstral cramps at all. It's more like a muscular ache/pain than a mentstral cramp.

I'd suggest getting a second opinion. :)

mylilprincesses
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:15 AM

i had  Horrible period type cramps when i was in labor with my last daughter. when i was in labor with my 1st daughter ( before my water broke) my right hip, lower back, and right leg were hurting b/c i was in labor and didnt know it.

sandraberke
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Quoting Ammie25:

For me, I don't think round ligament pain feels anything like menstral cramps at all. It's more like a muscular ache/pain than a mentstral cramp.

I'd suggest getting a second opinion. :)

this si what i said! ugh- im waiting on my obs office to call me back-

hero-daddy-daughter.gif picture by sandraberkepeacesigsns.jpg picture by sandraberkebabyonytheway2.gif picture by sandraberkehero-daddy-son.gif picture by sandraberkeGIJOE.gif picture by sandraberke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)