Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Csection "birth plan"

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

DF and I were talking last night, and i decided im still making a "plan" to bring with me to the hospital.

first of all i have NEVER been to this hospital, iv seen it cause the clinic is next door but i have never ever been inside cause we have only been here a little over a year..So we havent even had our tour yet or anything....BUT i did look at the website for the birthing center and how they "run" their csections.

First, my actual doctor and his nurse i see at every appt will be the ones doing my csection. NOONE else. which i love..

But then i was reading that, during my recovery for an hour in the recovery room, they keep the baby in the nursery and do her bath! NOOOOOO....with my son, at that hospital, he never left my side, he was in recovery with me, got to nurse, then when i went to my room they gave him his bath right next to me...i didnt miss anything. And i do not want her away from me...plus if she is away from me- DF will be away from me and im a big baby lol

So do you think they would comply if i said i want them to wait on the bath and all that? if they HAVE to take her, DF will go with but i do NOT want her to get her bath or any of that, and i still want to nurse and all that, those first few hours are soooo important for contact with ME.

Also Im putting my "drug rules" on there, i dont tolerate pain meds well and usually refuse them as much as possible...so after my initial morphine drip i dont want anymore- my last hospital did TWO drips! which yes, alot of women then feel ALOT better,but i cant handle morphine.

Then, i havent decided 100% on breastfeeding but i do want to TRY so im making my sign(s) that say "please ask my mommy or daddy before giving me a bottle,formula or pacifier, thank you!"

Just incase....

and i also want her in my room with me the ENTIRE time, there is NO reason they should need to take her away from me at all, unless something is wrong, which is a different story...But when the pediatrician comes- he can come to MY room...My last hospital did that and i enjoyed it...some hospitals take them away to do it....and im not comfortable with that.

do you think im crazy for doing this??? any opinions or add ons?

Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mr.Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..It's a GIRL!!---> Kamrynn Clare --->Arriving Via Csection June 24th 2010..

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommyRJ
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:10 AM

girl giving flower 

AKjackie02
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I had a csection with my last son.  although they took him, my husband went with him and never left his side.  They had to feed him because his sugar levels were low due to the fact that I couldn't take my insulin the night before my surgery so  I guess it would depend on the hospital really?  And if there are any complications and all that.  I don't know.. haha I'm also in Germany and they do things a lot different here.  

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:15 AM

You are not crazy at all for doing that!  Also, you are not crazy for not wanting your little one to leave your side.  You are the momma and you have every right to say what and where your baby goes despite them normally doing otherwise.  I would also talk this all over with your doc too before the c-section just to make certain he already knows your requests.

doulala
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Yes, they can follow your requests, but you will want to really heavily mention this in appointments, when getting prepper, your DF will need to step up to take charge and re-remind them...    (just in case).

;-)

Mom2girls0708
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:32 AM

With both my daughters my husband was a stalker lol.  He followed out daughters around then they had to go do the hearing test and all this good stuff.   My middle daughter was kept away from me for 4 hrs because of having some breathing problems and my husband would come back and forth between us but the nurse that was with her was a family friend so it didn't bother me too much.

If they ask if you want more meds just keep telling them no.  I had to keep doing this the whole time but I only took Tylenol. and I actually brought that with me to the hospital. 

GOOD LUCK

MommyRJ
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Quoting doulala:

Yes, they can follow your requests, but you will want to really heavily mention this in appointments, when getting prepper, your DF will need to step up to take charge and re-remind them...    (just in case).

;-)

yepp, i was telling him about this last night and he was getting upset, he was like "thats bullshit they dont let you have your baby!" and he said he will make sure i get what i want..Luckily he is the blunt, loudmouth of our relationship when it comes to things like these.

Sooo that im not worried about...i just dont get why, if no problems, they take away your baby like that, yes i know Brandon will be with her, but I want her, and honestly babies dont need to be washed right away either, i want them to wait for me..its better for their skin anyways... I remember my step mom not letting them hardly wipe her 4 babies off because she wanted it all to soak in on its own and ALL 4 never had baby acne etc....so that shouldnt be a big deal.

im going to type it all out and give it to my doc and bring it to the hospital too..

Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mr.Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..It's a GIRL!!---> Kamrynn Clare --->Arriving Via Csection June 24th 2010..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)