Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weird questions, but still questions...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have a pregnancy book that shows the positions of the uterus throughout the stages of pregnancy. It shows that the uterus doesn't come to the height of the belly button until about 20 wks. I'm 18 wks 4 days now. Just a few minutes ago, I felt what I thought could be baby hiccups but the movement was above the lvl of the belly button... could they still be baby hiccups?? or is that something else?? This is my 3rd pregnancy in 10 yrs (2nd one 15 mos ago didn't go past 8 wks though) so I thinking that possibly the uterus could've expanded a bit farther... is that possible??

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyRJ
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:52 AM

im sure its possible if its just a little off....everyone carries different and everyones babies grow at different rates...

joannarenay
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM

It may be that the hiccups are causing some of your organs to move from the motion, that could be what you see moving above the belly button line maybe.  I don't know for sure, but that is a possibility!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM

You may be measuring ahead too.  I know some weeks I measure ahead and then others I measure a little behind, etc...  Certain body types can make measurements be off too.  Also, it could have been the position you were sitting or laying too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)