Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting tired of...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 12 Replies

Sorry to vent but I'm feeling so down...All I'm doing is crying and feeling all depressed. My fiance tries his best to make me feel better but I'm afraid it's not helping. You see, I'm only 20 however I am happy as can be that I am going to be a mother. My fiance is happy is about us having a baby as well. His parents and my mother and stepfather are also happy. However, my father and stepmother are not. My father is embarrassed and ashamed, at least that's how I feel. My stepmother wants nothing to do with my baby. It's been over a month since we've told all the parents that they are going to be grandparents and of the six parents, two of them are ignoring the fact that I'm pregnant and I'm getting tired of it. I can't be dealing with all this stress. I told my fiance that I want to live with him now, however, I have to wait until October because I am on my father's insurance. I can't wait until October. I feel like if I stay living with my father and his wife (my stepmother), I'm gonna end up losing this baby, which I can't deal with. I've worked too hard and have gone through hell and back to lose my baby. I don't know what to do anymore.  :(

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jkmeier8909
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM

can you stay on your father's insurance and live with your fiance, or is it that your father will take you off his insurance if you move out?? if that isn't the case i would say go ahead and move because your health and the health of your baby is what is most important. my father is like that (not remarried yet but with a woman that doesn't like his daughters and we don't like her) but i live thousands of miles away from him, so i don't have to deal with it as much.

i'm soo sorry that they are being such jackass's!!! PM me if you ever want someone to talk to about it. i'm always here (well might not be for the next few days doc appt tomorrow to see if i'm gonna have the baby tomorrow or not)

joannarenay
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:58 AM

So sorry, momma!  I hope things get better for you soon

amy31308
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM

that's odd that his insurance is even covering you. I know when I got pregnant and still lived at home with my son my parents insurance wouldn't cover me. I had to get on medicaid. I would go apply for medicaid and get out of there. Considering your twenty I doubt you'd make over the limit so you'd have insurance and be able to live with your DF. However, depending on wehre you live you may have to leave your home address with your parents or just say you live on your own.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Im sorry momma!!!  Try to do something nice for yourself with efforts to help you relax.  hugs!!!!!

RadMama08
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:15 AM

When I got pregnant at 18, I was on my dad's insurance. I moved in with my DH (then fiance) before the baby was born and before we got married (by then I was 19). So I know how you feel. We found COBRA, it is coverage that extends to you from a parent's insurance... maybe that is something you could look into?? You get the same benefits, but you have to pay the premiums. My dad had state insurance, so I dunno if COBRA is just a part of that or not. It's worth a shot though. And as a PP said, there is also Medicaid to look into. I'm sorry you are having stress... dealing with parents is no fun, I know that first-hand. Have you tried sitting down with your dad and telling him how you feel about it?

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:23 AM

ok this is where i would say assistance would be a good thing. go ahead and move out and go to your local health dept. they will set you up with medicaid and then you can pick whatever doctor you want to go see- usually all of them accept medicaid. if insurance is the only reason you're staying in a stressful environment while you're pregnant- that's a way to solve the problem right there.

amy31308
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Here you have to go through family job and services to apply for medicaid and alot of doctors around here doesnt accept medicaid.

so it depends on where you live. but yes, don't stay in a stressful enviroment for something that is a fairly easy fix. ( i live in ohio btw)

Quoting smurfbitebug:

ok this is where i would say assistance would be a good thing. go ahead and move out and go to your local health dept. they will set you up with medicaid and then you can pick whatever doctor you want to go see- usually all of them accept medicaid. if insurance is the only reason you're staying in a stressful environment while you're pregnant- that's a way to solve the problem right there.

in lovetoddler boystork

We're beating the odd's. Married and loving it! July 5, 2008
I love being his mommy! Mason- born March 13, 2008

Expecting our next blessing- Emma Lee- May 30, 2010

having a baby

christine.r2624
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I would move out. I dont have insurance for my pregnancy (its just not covered on my plan) so we are paying cash for my midwife, and I am on medicaid for pregnant women incase we have to transfer to the hospital. Are you a student? if so then your father cant just drop you from insurance... and if you dont change the address on your drivers license, how the heck can they prove you dont live there anyways? its not like insurance people come out to check regularly... I was on my parents insurance and lived in the same town, but had my own apartment... I am still on it lol- but not for long because I JUST got married... I am in the process of switching to DHs insurance.

MommyRJ
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:32 AM

sweetie you can get state aid insurance..it may not sound super appealing but you automatically qualify if you have no isurance and your pregnant, i recommend looking online and applying, if you get approved- MOVE!

TheresaC7
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Quoting christine.r2624:

I would move out. I dont have insurance for my pregnancy (its just not covered on my plan) so we are paying cash for my midwife, and I am on medicaid for pregnant women incase we have to transfer to the hospital. Are you a student? if so then your father cant just drop you from insurance... and if you dont change the address on your drivers license, how the heck can they prove you dont live there anyways? its not like insurance people come out to check regularly... I was on my parents insurance and lived in the same town, but had my own apartment... I am still on it lol- but not for long because I JUST got married... I am in the process of switching to DHs insurance.

She has a point with the insurance. He can't just drop you unless you are considered an 'adult'. Which is usually married or after you have a baby. I would definitely try thr medicaid route. When I was pregnant with my son, I was 16...had him when I was 17.  I actually watched Dumbo A LOT and I found the 'Baby Mine' song really comforting. Everytime I hear it I cry because I remember my mom being a nightmare and telling me I had to give him up for adoption and I said no. She made my life hell all the way until he was about 1. I moved out the day I had him. Now he is 11 and the most sweetest little man. Sometimes it takes a while for parents to come around because they have so many expectations for you and when you don't meet those expectations they get let down. But they come around when they realize what they are missing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)