Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

double vent. (geez we love being pregnant today, dont we?)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

Vent #1- My best friend is a bitch. there is no way around it, she just is. I love her but I really dont want to be around her anymore. She is 24 (I am 21) and single with no kids.... She just graduated college in December and thinks its her God given right to preach to me about how I need to use birth control (this is my 2nd kid and I am still in school) and blah, blah, blah. Well guess what? we PLANNED this baby. We USED birth control for 3 years... it took 4 months off the pill and BAM we got pregnant. AMAZING how that happens, why is it any of her business?? We did this on purpose now because I am getting ready to start my nursing classes and it would have been too much for me to be pregnant during clinicals, but we didnt want to wait 2 more years to have another baby. THEN she asks about our baby names, which EVERYONE loves and she starts bitching about them and saying "poor kid"... the names are Cason Wyatt or Kaisyn Christine... the only thing negative we have heard was before we changed the spelling for if its a girl. Im sorry, but dont come to MY HOUSE to hang out and then spend the entire day preaching to me about birth control and baby names. ITS NOT YOUR PLACE.

Vent #2- I have developed a rash under my armpits, and the only thing that helps is not shaving them... GROSS... I havent shaved them in 2 days and it feels disgusting, but if I shave them, they immediately start itching and get red and flaky.I thought maybe it was a bacteria or something so I threw out my razor and bought some disposables.... we'll see if that helps... until then, YUCK!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:42 AM

1st problem...sometimes girls are just bitchy when they are jealous. She just may want what you have (a family). Still, I think if she can't be happy for and with you, she's not a really good friend. 2nd friend had that and it was a bcateria of sorts growing in there.She had to go to the doc and get cream medication for it. It cleared up in about 2 weeks.

My husband had the same condition uder his arms a few years ago, it is a to the dermatoligist (sp) and they should give you a medicated lotion to put on it and it should clear up. Also, don't use an anti-persperant (sp again, sorry) use regualr deoderant, and make sure your armpits are dry before you put anything on. About your friend- fuck her. Drop her like a hot potato. She has no right to talk down to you just because your life choices are different then hers. If she can't be supportive, then she's not really your friend. Good luck, hang in there!!!

i would tell your best friend to screw herself and if she has only negative things to say to you that you don't want to be around her because its too much stress that you don't need to deal with while your pregnant.

about the rash good luck, hope the new razors work!

I have found that sometimes you just have to say goodbye to friends. I have a friend that is a complete KNOW IT ALL and she always talks like shes a BA and can beat up and will beat up anyone and everyone and swears wayyy to much  for my liking. everything is eff this eff that mother f* dumb B*. So I just quit hanging out with her. I was matron of honor in her wedding last summer... and I was soo glad when that wedding was over. The hard thing is that she maried dh's cousin so I still see her often and have to deal with her saying how much she misses me and yada yada yada.

But I'm sorry talking to her for 2 minutes makes me want to throw my head out the window!!

I think the name youp picked out is cute. It's none of her business. I'd just quit inviting her over/talking to her.

Maybe just give your armpits a good week or two to heal. I know it's going to feel gross but it'll be better than it not getting better and you being itchy and miserable.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Try a different razor, the one your using may have something in the 'strip' thats irritating your skin now.  And after you shave, dont put deodorant on for at least 1-2 hrs.  Good luck!

Pregnancy%20tickerLilypie Maternity tickers 

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:47 AM

oh jeez. Yes i hate friends like have every right to be pissed off...i cant stand that crap! And i love your names! and how you changes the spelling, they work perfect for boy and em. Yeah id punch her. lol

and the rash, maybe try changing your DO too, to something non scented and sensitive skin....i have like 3 different DO i have to switch every so often from Razor burn type rash...Dove works good, and Dove soap helps the itching.---like white plain dove bar.

by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Wow! I can't believe your best friend would be so negative w/you!!! I hope things get better!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Thanks ladies! I had a feeling it was PROBABLY bacterial... I think I need to go to the doctor :( yuck!

I have tried to distance myself from her without being mean about it, because we have been friends for so many years... but I just cant stand her anymore...I avoid her calls for the most part but she's been wanting to come see our house since we got it so this weekend I bit the bullet and let her come saturday. Its only gotten worse since DH and I decided to have a JP wedding instead of doing a big ceremony because she "knows thats not what I wanted" ummm.... really? News to me- I was the one fighting the big wedding to begin with. Its like just because SHE doesnt agree then its not right for MY life. URGH!!! STUPID STUPID WOMAN. (and the the PP that said she is probably jealous- I completely agree- at almost 25 she has NEVER had a succesful relationship. She had one college boyfriend that lasted 2 months)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)