Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help please...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi im new to this but i figured i might as well give it a try. Im pregnant and i really need a job or i will have no way to provide for my baby, but i keep thinking whos gonna want to hire me ( because im pregnant)  theyll think i cant work or something.any advise or comments or any place i can go to for help , maybe places that would hire a young pregnant girl? please help...

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:39 PM

It is against the law for someone not to hire a pregnant women, but sadly, it does happen.  Generally, work places come up with "other" reasons.  However, I have heard of pregnant women being hired too.  I would just recommend to start applying and see where it all goes.  It couldnt hurt anything to try.  Good luck!!

NordicAngel
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM

maybe look for the temp job?  That way you could be done the job when the baby comes and be able to look for another job when you're ready.  I've never been in your position, so here's a bump.

doulala
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I was a nanny and have done in-home child care as a new mom or when pregnant.
I see ads for SAHM jobs and there are temp agencies you might call.

Good luck!

grapejelly
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 2:54 PM

i bet some retail stores will hire you.  I was thinking of applying at the maternity clothing store here.. haha, for a little extra money

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)