Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wtf is that!!?? Pic heavy! updated in red.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:44 PM
  • 40 Replies

Ok So I am posting this in a couple groups. Dominick, was totally fine this morning, he fell asleep in his swing for about a half hour and when he woke up he was covered in this rash. Its all red and looks like little blisters, some even look like pimples. its on the sides of his head, throughout his hair, on the back of his neck and on his chest. its really bad on his ears. These are the best pictures I could get with my crappy camera. Does anyone know what this is? Has anyone's baby ever had this? Should I do anything special for it? It doesn't seem to be bothering him. Should I wait and see if it goes away or gets worse or should I call the doc right now??

Update - it was just a heat rash. Thank goodness I was worried because my 4yo had been eating strawberries and then was touching the baby so I was worried that some juices had got in his mouth and he'd had a reaction but no its just heat rash. Thanks ladies for all your help!!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RileysMomma628
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I would say you should take him to the Doctor.. or at least call the dr's nurse and see what she says..

Pregnancy%20ticker

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM

It looks like a heat rash to me.

Briannas_mommy1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM

That is exatly what I was going to say.

Quoting meam4444:

It looks like a heat rash to me.

Landonsmom730
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM

could it be heat rash

Mommap87
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:49 PM

laundry soap is doing it... what are you using?

yummy_mommy89
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:49 PM

heat rash. did you put a blanket on him? looks like he got to hot

shawnalovesdon0
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Thatsexactly what my daughters rash looked like when she was born. they said its fine it will come and go up until she is about 3months and sure enough within 2weeks it was gone for good. I would just in case call your babies doctor just to be sure.

lmurphy22

thats what I thought at first too, But he's only wearing a onsie and its not that warm in here. although I was holding him when it showed up and he had been wrapped in a blanket while in his swing.

Quoting Landonsmom730:

could it be heat rash

Ammie25

I would have to agree that it looks like heat rash. Definitely call.

KSmommy07
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Yeah, it looks like heat rash to me too.  My son got heat rash all the time.  Was he hot when you got him out of the swing?  The only thing that really worked for us was to let him be in just a diaper and cool off.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)