Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of OT, but I could really use some advice

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

I thought I would ask you ladies here, 'cause you're all usually full of good advice.

Yesterday when my husband picked up my 8 1/2 y/o stepdaughter (as per usual on Sundays) she brought us a baby gift which was obviously something her mom (my husband's ex gf) bought. I'm not sure if it was my SD's idea or not- she IS very thoughtful- but it was signed just from her, not the rest of her family.

It was a cute onesie that said "Daddy's Caddy-in-training" with a golf cart on it- my husband loves to golf- a little book with a toy attached, and a set of links that I had registered for and not gotten at my shower. My SD even mentioned that they had looked up my registry to shop for a gift for us. I haven't really even seen or spoken to her mom much at all...ever.

I figured I would send a thank you note, and my husband did ask me to also. Problem is, now that I'm sitting here to do it, I'm not sure if I should address it to my SD or to her mom...and then not sure what to say either, without sounding stupid.

Any ideas? I really, REALLY appreciate ANY suggestions you may have.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MomNtheRes
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Awww, that is sweet! And I would maybe address it "To stepdaughter and family" That way you've got it all covered? 

orange4agua72
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I'd adress it to SD, if that's who it said it was from. Her mom will get the idea that your thankful just by seeing the card!

palemoon21
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I would send a thank you card to your SD since the gift was signed from her. Other then that I don't really know what to do.....

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Quoting orange4agua72:

I'd adress it to SD, if that's who it said it was from. Her mom will get the idea that your thankful just by seeing the card!

I agree! How sweet!

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!andee-1.jpg picture by us5dots

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I would address it to who it was signed from.

no_floppy_sox
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Quoting orange4agua72:

I agree.

jasminefleur
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Thank you...I was kind of wavering. I think that's what I will do is address it to SD.

Brittany.Dann
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I would address it to your stepdaughter and her famiy since its obvious her mother helped her. I would only find that the more appropriate thing to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)