Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks and Cramping...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions yeaterday and today. I was supposed to have an appointment today, but it had to be rescheduled till tommorow. I was wondering how many are normal to have in day. I probably had 20 yesterday. I also have had some today, and some real contractions. I have bad cramping that is constant and wont go away. Is this normal? I am 37 weeks. Thanks!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
orange4agua72
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Sounds normal to me.

LilynAustin
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I would say that is your body getting ready.  I would, however, call your doctor if you notice and type of pattern to those braxton hicks.  Obviously if you are having them every 5 minutes you should probably go to the hospital or birth center.  :)

It sounds like your body is just gearing up for the big day!  You are getting close!  Only a few more weeks, but she could come any day though.  Just start keeping an eye on those contractions, jot them down on some paper and see if there is a pattern.  Good luck!

~Stephanie

babies

baby

baby

Hearts_n_Stars
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM

sounds normal.. they get more and more intense til the end.. just your body getting you ready

katesager
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Ok good! Thanks!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:05 PM

It all sounds normal to me.  I would just watch for consistency and if they increase in intensity.  Good luck.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM

37 wks all is go for delivery! If they get painful and are about 5min apart then call your doc. In the mean time relax and drink TONS of water b/c dehydration will cause contractions!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)