Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so damn weird.OT.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

So alot of you have read my recent posts about how much i hate DFs job and being alone all the time, and i have no friends here cause were new and im not a bar crawler.

well, my aunt ( who does live here but is ALWAYS too busy for me) Invited me to her...pampered chef/tupperware/scentsy/miche bag/ and home and garden party tonight that she is having at the bar by her house....

i want to go and told DF i wanted to go so he going to do what he can to get home in time for me to go....

but here is my problem..Now i dont even want to! I will feel super weird..I havent seen ANYONE in a long time because well, im always home with Bryley or i just dont go party- DUH. So im nervous. Also i was working at the nursing him in the town next door which is like...EVERYONE is related to someone there so i know people from around there....

Ugh im basically having major anxiety about it and i dont want to. But i feel stupid cause i tell DF all the time that ineed to get out and do something and now im backing out.

uhhhhhh idk.

Plus, i honestly dont need anything, or want to spend that extra money on crap- we have it all- my mom sells pampered chef and tupperware in wisconsin..and i hate purfume crap for houses, we dont burn candles cause Bryley will get them, and im a purse phene but i dont have the extra money to waste- were having a baby and need to save up.

hmmmmmmm, should i just not go and act super happy when Brandon gets home ? lol

..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mr.Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..It's a GIRL!!---> Kamrynn Clare --->Arriving Via Csection June 24th 2010..

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM

i do that all the time...or ill make new friends but when it actually comes down to hanging out with them.... i get all nervous and chicken out. So i dunno how to help...except just to say what my husband says to me: just go and do it and get it over with. Theres no way youre going to make friends or get out and have fun, unless you just do it. And heres what you can do also: show up and if its lame or youre uncomfortable pretend you get a call or text and something came up with your kid and you gotta go. Kids are perfect for those cant stay long excuses. That way you made an appearance, but if it sucks you dont look like the ass that just leaving. You can have your husband call 30 mins in, and if you wanna stay just say youre having a good time, and if you wanna leave you can pretend something came up.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:29 PM

It sound like you shoud go to get out of the house and meet people. You don't have to spend money. just go and if your not happy then you can leave! 

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM

i know. i want to force myself to do it....its so sad that i havent been out ( without DF or a kid) in SOOOOOOO long, that im nervous.

not to mention i look like a balooga whale these days and i havent seen anyone.....

damn it.

by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:39 PM

I would stop in and say hi if nothing else.  If you feel awkward, then you can always just leave earlier with the excuse that you have some errands that you have to do or something along those lines, but you wanted to stop in and see the products.  Or, I wouldn't go and take the night to yourself.  I would drive to the nearest place with either a mall, Walmart, Target, etc...and just treat yourself to a quiet night.  Or, even, make a hair or nail appointment somewhere and just give yourself a break.  Just some ideas.  Good luck momma.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! Lol, I have no doubt in my mind how nerve racking it is... I just moved to a different state and know no one. The good thing about those type of parties is that you can still have FUN and buy nothing. Go have a virgin daquiri, try to enjoy the little break, and if everything fails excuse yourself from the party due to your son or your pregnancy. Best wishes!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM

thanks moms..i never used to be like this, i hate it...

PLUS, let me add, since my aunt is around here- and i worked at the bar for about 3 months when i first moved here, i know who everyone is basically....but there was some MAJOR drama in like february early march, people were talking crap about us, saying DF is cheating on me, because he never home etc....oh please! sorry i KNOW what your husbands all do- they do it in the bar while your home alone!!!

So that caused more weirdness....

But idk if DF will be home in time yet, i probably wont know until he is here, but i took my shower and got ready- we have to run to the store and get some milk and bread and junk....So ill go if he gets home in time- otherwise....idk? well see lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)