Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sonogram on first appointment!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

I want to get my doctor to do a sonogram today at my first appointment. Any tips on what to say to make that happen. My other doc said my HCG level was higher so I figured I could ask him to check for twins. Any other ideas???

~ Kiki ~

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ariesp19
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM

how far are you? doing it too early, may just worry you, if they dont see anything

when i went to the er at 6.5 weeks, they did not see anything, and it took the dr the next am awhile to find them...... and found out im having twins, lol

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM

You could ask for one to ensure your dates are correct?  Good luck at your appointment.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM

They normally do them anyway! If for some reason you don't think they will mention you aren't sure when you conceived. That is normally what the first u/s is for anyway...to check EDD!!!

yummy_mommy89
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM

depends on how he does things. most docs dont do them till after 8 weeks. he will still go by your period and see from there

Megara
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Depends on if he has one at his office, too.

NordicAngel
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:02 PM

tell them your periods are irregular and you have no idea how far along you are.

I had an ultrasound at 8wks just because that's standard with my doc office.

jaysmommy04
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I had a sono on my first appointment with both my pregnancies... They did that to see how far along I was, and to get a better EDD.

kiki921
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Well, he didn't do one. :( Oh well it's ok. I did find out that twins run both on my mom's side and my dad's side. I had no idea. I was sure they didn't. lol I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)