Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice about test results please!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I went to DR. last monday my hcg was 730 at 5 weeks they wanted me back on Friday for more blood. The results was 2117 at 6 weeks now they want me back on wed. for more blood. The nurse tells me because they cant order an ultrasound until its at a certian level.....I have never had this done this way before the last time I had a baby was 6 years ago so has things changed or is there something wrong with my baby?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LeilaBeansMom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Hmmmm...never heard of this! My doc just orders ultrasounds based on how far along I am, not on my blood levels.  Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:51 PM

It may all be how your particular office practices.  I assume nothing is wrong with your baby.  They are just checking your levels.  You may just want to ask them why they are doing it so often, and if the results are coming back normal also.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Hmm that makes no since to me...maybe it has something to do with your insurance. I had my blood drawn to confirm my pregnancy at 3 wks 6 days preggo and again at 4 wks 3 days to be sure my levels went up since I was so early on. I went in for my first apt at 10 wks 6 days and they just did the u/s. They didn't check my levels before so to make sure they were a certain level. That sounds weird. Your levels sound good though so I don't think there is anything concerning about them!

susies3babies
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:54 PM

i was told they can not see anything until the levels reach 1000 . but thats it . 

nazratred
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Your levels are going up which is good.  I have never seen it done this way before though.  Some docs won't do an ultrasound early cz at around 5 weeks it is hard to see a baby in some women.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)