Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you find this offensive?? Other Question too!! Pics

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok so my MIL walked up to me and said that I looked HUGE compaired to how I looked preggo with either of my boys.

Here I am preggo with my first...I looked terrible LOL but I was about 36-37 wks I think! I have no side view! (Preggo with boy)

Here I am preggo with #2 this was at about 35 wks..I dropped at 36 wks! (Boy)

Here I am 28 wks with #3! (Girl)

Anyway...I don't think I look like a whale but maybe I am showing different. I guess I took some offense to the comment but I kept hearing GOD your huge and one girl kept running around saying laughing and making some comment about my size. I guess it hurt my feelings.

So all of this aside...why am I bigger this time around. Do you see a sz difference or not really. Honestly I look bigger I think but I feel smaller if that is possible LOL I know I can be carrying different b/c she is a girl. Could it mean she will be a lot bigger then the boys? I mean I just don't understand the difference and why I keep getting these comments!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM

First of all, i would also be totally offended. and of course your belly is bigger! that's how it works when you have more than one kid lol. you're all belly for sure though this time, if that makes you feel any better! lol

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

rileysmommy229

no it doesn't mean she is bigger but your stomach does look a little bigger and it looks to me like you are carrying higher with her.

Loghen

You look great! I don't know why people have to be so hateful!

rileysmommy229
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM

i am a lot bigger this time than i was with my first (both boys) but we have no reason to believe this baby is any bigger than my first..i had an ultrasound last week and it said he weighs around 6 lb 14 oz and my first son was born weighing 7lb 11 oz

MommyRJ
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM

not offensive. its irritating because its your MIL, it would annoy me too if it was even my own darn mom....but no.

you look great so who cares!!

mommyhonu
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I'll never understand why people think it's ok to call a pregnant mommy "Huge" I just think that it's flat out rude! (((hugs)))

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I do see you have a bigger belly this time around.  I have carried all my babies differently, and they have ended up around the same weights.  I get offended by the way some people tell me I am big.  I know they usually don't mean anything from it, but I'm pregnant and sensitive.

rileysmommy229
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Quoting meam4444:

I do see you have a bigger belly this time around.  I have carried all my babies differently, and they have ended up around the same weights.  I get offended by the way some people tell me I am big.  I know they usually don't mean anything from it, but I'm pregnant and sensitive.

yeah my SFIL told me the other day i look like i'm ready to pop....ummm yeah i am 38 weeks pregnant i know i am ready to freakin pop!

2inblue
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM

From what I have heard and it makes since so I believe it.  Before babies, you have tight muscles and skin.  With the first baby, you get stretched out but go back to prebaby fast.  With the second baby, you have been strtched out before so it's not so tough to stretch back out.  After baby,  you don't go back as quick as the first one.  On #3, Its been stretched out twice before so your stomach muscles arent tight or your skin and you tend to show alot earlier because you dont have that tightness to hold it back.  Just what I heard so dont take it too serious but to me it kinda makes sence.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Its funny you say that b/c this pregnancy I am carrying a lot lower. At this point with my boys I felt like I couldn't brethe they were so high but she is very low.  Everything is pressing down so much so that I have to wear a maternity suppost belt which I have on in that pic of me in the blue. Here is my belly natually LOL

Quoting rileysmommy229:

no it doesn't mean she is bigger but your stomach does look a little bigger and it looks to me like you are carrying higher with her.

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)