Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's share dinner ideas!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mommies are always looking for something simple especially when pregnant or when you have a LO at home. Have any ideas? 

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grapejelly
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:09 PM

tacos are always a quick meal at our house.. you just have to brown the burger and add the taco packet.

Mommap87
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Tator tot casserole mmm im making it tonight

PattyM1127
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Same here!! Quick & easy and everyone likes them.  I usually make a quick bag of taco rice to go with them too.

Quoting grapejelly:

tacos are always a quick meal at our house.. you just have to brown the burger and add the taco packet.

millinco
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I'm making stroganoff tonight...it's so easy with a slow cooker.  I just brown up some chunks of beef in a pan (stew meat works great), then toss in a small chopped onion and an 8oz package of fresh sliced mushrooms (you can use canned if too lazy/busy to chop up fresh ones).  Top that off with McCormick brand stroganoff mix and let it cook for about 4-6 hours on high.  Throw in about a cup of sour cream at the end, then cook for about 10 more mins.  It goes really well on top of egg noodles, which cook up super fast.  Voila! 

CafeMom Tickers
orange4agua72
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:20 PM

MMMMMMMM.... that sounds SOOOOOO GOOD!!! And with Mashed potatoes.... mmmmmmmm...... I WANT IT!!!! And green beans..... OH MY.... I WANT IT!!!!

Quoting millinco:

I'm making stroganoff tonight...it's so easy with a slow cooker.  I just brown up some chunks of beef in a pan (stew meat works great), then toss in a small chopped onion and an 8oz package of fresh sliced mushrooms (you can use canned if too lazy/busy to chop up fresh ones).  Top that off with McCormick brand stroganoff mix and let it cook for about 4-6 hours on high.  Throw in about a cup of sour cream at the end, then cook for about 10 more mins.  It goes really well on top of egg noodles, which cook up super fast.  Voila! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:21 PM

spaghetti is a favorite at our house...very quick and easy

millinco
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Lol yeah I'm not doing mashed potatoes and green beans though...I have class tonight, so I need to conserve my energy!  I have to leave the house so early (4:45 sharp) to get through traffic, that DH isn't even home when I leave usually.  That means I need something I can put in the microwave for him to heat up when he gets home, and stuff like this heats up super well!  You are welcome to come have some with us..there is plenty!  :) 

Quoting orange4agua72:

MMMMMMMM.... that sounds SOOOOOO GOOD!!! And with Mashed potatoes.... mmmmmmmm...... I WANT IT!!!! And green beans..... OH MY.... I WANT IT!!!!

Quoting millinco:

CafeMom Tickers
Alyssa1988-21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:30 PM

MEATLOAF!!!!!!!!!!

mommyhonu
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM

We had beef & cheese crescent the other night.

Brown the hamburger with the onion. drain grease and mix hamburger together with favorite  bbq sauce. 2 cans of crescent rolls, take hambuger mix and stuff in the crescent along with cheese slice, pinch edges together and bake as directed on the can. Serve with green toss salad. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Oh my...this sound soo good!!!!!  I love stroganoff!!!!!

Quoting millinco:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)