Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I can feel my heartbeat in my stomach....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, I'm laying on my back, maybe a little slouching actually, and I am trying to see if I can feel my baby yet. It's my 2nd and I am 15 weeks along. I figure it's still early but you never know. Anyway, I'm feeling around and I can feel my heartbeat in my stomach. In fact, I can SEE my heart beat in my stomach! Why is that? It's weird and it confuses me when I am trying to feel for my baby. Is that normal and has anyone else had that happen?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rileysmommy229
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM

i can always see my heart beat in my stomach pregnant or not

manders1234
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:24 PM

It's probably an artery you are seeing pulse.  I've noticed it more since being pregnant. 

AllieMad
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM

You have a major artery running through your stomach.  I have always been able to see it...in fact it is quite noticable when I am not pregnant and laying on my back.

bluebunbun
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:30 PM

happened to me all through my first i felt that way more then her and i feel it again this time around i am 13 weeks

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Yes!  that happened to me the other day, I was cracking up!  It looked really crazy!

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

yummy_mommy89
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM

increased blood flow =)

blg5484
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

i have seen my heart beat in my tummy as well but i have also seen the beat of her heat through my stomach when she is moving a lot and pushes up to the surface of my belly i can see the beat and i know its her heartbeat because i have a monitor to listen to her heart beat and the thumping i can see is at the exact time as the beats i hear

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)