Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby's first bath

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

At what age can you introduce a newborn to the bath (the kind w/soap and lotion)?? I want to give Noah a bath and some lotion (his skin is really dry) but I don't know if 3wks is old enough..

At what age did you give your NB their first bath?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zhi
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I gave my son a bath in the sink when his stump fell off, then moved to the bathtub once the sink was a tight fit lol.

rileysmommy229
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:26 PM

as soon as the cord fell out i bathed him every single night..i know they say not to every night but i always lathered him in lotion and never had a problem...he started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and i swear its bc of the baths...lol

mommyhonu
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I put Ande in the bath after the cord fell off & belly button was healed. I still don't use lotion on him. But I do use the body wash. I give him a bath every other day. I don't want the soap to dry his skin out. How is baby doing?

truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:28 PM

yep I bathed my DD first week her stump fell off soon, and used johnsons lotion, but you can use different baby lotions if you want

Momt24
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I always do when their cord falls off.

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:31 PM

When his cord fell off.....just made sure to wash their heads last because that gets them colder faster

mnjo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I was told its okay after the cord stub falls off. 

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:50 PM

He's doing good! He's a god eater but an even better sleeper.. He sleeps a lot just apparently not at night, it's a little annoying really LOL I can never bring myself to come out in the living room when he's eating (so I can CM while he's busy) I always want to stay in bed (in his room) so that I can crash as soon as he's done..

How is your little guy doing??

Quoting mommyhonu:

I put Ande in the bath after the cord fell off & belly button was healed. I still don't use lotion on him. But I do use the body wash. I give him a bath every other day. I don't want the soap to dry his skin out. How is baby doing?

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM

i gave her a bath when i brought her home so she was only a few days old..i just made sure not to get her cord wet at all

Chrissy9479
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM

i gave ryan a bath a few days after his cord fell off, wanted his belly button to fully heal first. now he gets one every other night. he loves his bathtime!! but i can't use the sink anymore because he soaks me!!! he gets excited and starts kicking and the whole freakin kitchen is wet when we're done, so we've graduated to the tub lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)