Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epidural spinal during c section.... scared out of my mind (piog)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

well since my first child was early and i had to have a emergency c section with him.. i will have to have a c section with this lil one and i am so scared about getting  a Epidural / spinal.. i did not have one with my frist child i was put to sleep.. and i scared of the after effects of it i hear that u have crazy bad headaches and some ppl have pain in there backs! i am just not lookin forward to anythign like that...

IDK maybe i am thinkin to much into it and freakin myself out about it but i was the same way with my son (first child)... my plan with him was to go all natural until i fonund out he was breech 2 days before my labor started.(again).. and then there was a lady telling me they numb u from the neck down! wth! noooo i am 4real not lookin forward to this i want to be able to brest feel my child after i have her! i am not tryin to to be sittin up in recovery room like i had to after having my son! FREAKIN OUT HERE!!

I HAVE TO HAVE ANOTEHR  C SECTION BECAUSE I  AM HIGH RISK AND I HAVE A LOW LAYIN PLACENTA.......

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kemmerer411
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I still have mild back pain from my epi... but its nothing horrible. It didnt hurt as bad as you would think when I got it either. Good luck.

rileysmommy229
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM

just because you had a c section with your first doesn't mean you need a c section this time around...but about the epidural i had one and everything went smoothly. your  baby stil has PLENTY of time to turn!

mnjo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM

mama go to a chiropractor that specializes in pregnancy! my SIL is pregnant and her baby was breech and then she went to the chiro and he helped her get the baby to flip! She's not breech anymore and gets to deliver vaginally now! Good luck!

I'd go now, it takes several visits and you have to do some exercises at home, it's not a quick fix but it can work! 

kamrynlily07
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I had an epidural for a vaginal delivery, not a cesarean, but I did not have any side effects from it at all.  As far as I know MOST epidurals go smoothly, but there is always someone out there with a horror story. 

truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Yeah you don't have to have a c-section because you had one before and if anybody says you do they are lying.

devomoma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:45 PM

have to have one i am hihg risk and have a low layin placenta

Quoting rileysmommy229:

just because you had a c section with your first doesn't mean you need a c section this time around...but about the epidural i had one and everything went smoothly.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

rileysmommy229
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Quoting devomoma:

Quoting rileysmommy229:

just because you had a c section with your first doesn't mean you need a c section this time around...but about the epidural i had one and everything went smoothly.

sorry to hear that mama :(

i would be more scared of the c section than the epi...i didn't even feel my epi go in but maybe that was because i was already in so much pain...good luck to you!!

truealaskanmom

Quoting devomoma:

Quoting rileysmommy229:

those are both not reasons to have a c-section, only a complete placenta previa is a real reason, and lots of high risk women give birth vaginally 

AliciaScott

I wouldnt really worry about it!  I had 2 c-sections..The first  I had  an epidural then had to go in for an emergency c-section then the second they gave me a spinal..It didnt hurt at all..Afterwards it didnt bother me one bit! Didnt get a headache or anything...And about being numb from the neck down..I really dont remember if my chest was numb during..But afterwards everything was fine and I got to breastfeed..So dont stress! Everything will go great!!

momma_2b_2010

i just finished watchin "a baby story" on tlc and the women went threw the same thing! she asked about the side effects of the spinal, and the doctor told her more people complain about backaches with the epi than the spinal! hope that helps:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)