Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heasaches

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

So for the past couple of weeks I get headaches on my first day off after my work week (I work wed-sun) so come monday I have a horrible migraine headache. I tried tylenol, ibprofin, tea, sleep, cold rags, quiet, baths everything! It drives me insane and not only that it's painful but I feel like I cant get anything done! I cant pick things up because when I stand back up I get blinding pain. Is this normal? Should I mention it to my dr tomorrow?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM

any head ache that cannot be relieved by tylenol is a red flag and you need to mention it to your dr.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM

I agree.  I've had chronic migraines since I was a teenager, and I know how crummy they are, so I'd definitely talk to your doctor about it.

Quoting mommyziegler:

any head ache that cannot be relieved by tylenol is a red flag and you need to mention it to your dr.

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

Mommynwife26
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

What could it mean? I take 2-3 when it starts it progressivley gets worse then I take another 2-3 8hrs later but I dont wanna take too much and hurt the baby but its really starting to worry me

Quoting mommyziegler:

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Headaches are really common during pregnancy.  It could be nothing at all.  For me, it's just that ones I normally have are amplified - so is my arthritis pain, it's just something I have to deal with.  But for the most part I can function.  And when I feel it getting really bad I pop in a mellow cd, take a cup of tea, put my heated bed buddy (or wet washcloth) on my neck, and hide in my dark closet for a few minutes.  Usually it's enough to make the headache ease up enough that I can get back to life. 

But it never hurts to talk to your doctor about it - that's what they're there for, you know?

Quoting Mommynwife26:

What could it mean? I take 2-3 when it starts it progressivley gets worse then I take another 2-3 8hrs later but I dont wanna take too much and hurt the baby but its really starting to worry me

Quoting mommyziegler:

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

rileysmommy229
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM

i would mention it...i had them all throughout the first trimester and they were horrible but i know mine were from caffeine withdrawl. probably nicotine withdrawl as well

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
grapejelly
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:19 PM

i was getting headaches daily in my first trimester, they finally subsided around half way through the second trimester..  Not much helped other than relaxing (lying down) and taking tylenol and lots of water...

if you're pregnant you should avoid ibuprofin.. it's really bad for the baby

Did you doc have anything to say about it?

Quoting Mommynwife26:

So for the past couple of weeks I get headaches on my first day off after my work week (I work wed-sun) so come monday I have a horrible migraine headache. I tried tylenol, ibprofin, tea, sleep, cold rags, quiet, baths everything! It drives me insane and not only that it's painful but I feel like I cant get anything done! I cant pick things up because when I stand back up I get blinding pain. Is this normal? Should I mention it to my dr tomorrow?

CafeMom Tickers

EmilyD88
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:22 PM

happens to me too. i get them almost every day. have one right now. NOTHING helps. i've told my doctor twice and she blows it off. it really sucks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)