Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pulling a muscle???

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm pulling a muscle or what it is that I'm doing but I've had it happen a few times earlier during my pregnancy but lately its been happening more often and I don't see my Dr. again until Monday so do any of you ladies now what this might be or have it happening to you? I have been waking up at night from just being uncomfortable and I normally sleep on my side so when I wake up I roll over on to my back not fast or anything and I've been getting this sharp pain and burning sensation in the top of my stomach around my belly button like I've just pulled something and after a few minutes the pain goes away and I can fall back to sleep, but if it is a muscle being pulled should I worry about pulling it to hard? I'm 35 weeks pregnant and just don't remember having this when I was pregnant with my first son.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
haley128
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM

BUMP!

haley128
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM

No one else has had this happen to them?

EarthMommy10
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:30 PM

yes I had that but more on my sides of my abdomen. I had to turn from side to side very slowly to avoid this or if I was leaned over too far I had to sit up very carefully. I had this starting at beginning of 3rd trimester. I was told it is our muscles and ligaments are loose and pulling. I was told that it is normal but if it gets too painful ask your OB or MW just to make sure.

Wishing2BMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I DO...   Everytime I would move too fast or roll over, even if slow, I would get sharp stabbing pain in my side, sometimes my left, sometimes my right.  It felt like my muscle was tearing.  After a few minutes it would go away.    I was concerned and talked to my dr.   During pregnancy your muscles and ligaments become a lot looser.  He said it was normal.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)