Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BRAXTON HICKS THAT WONT STOP!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

Im 36 wks pregnant with my third boy, Ive never felt this before. I am used to Braxton Hicks and contractions, but this is confusing. I thought I might be in labor last thursday had such hard contractions couldnt tell when one ended and the other began for an hour and a half. Then it stopped. But since then everyday Ive had tightness and pain or medium cramps that last an hour to 3 hours. The tightness doesnt let up, it stays the entire time. The baby doesnt move I assume its from the tightness. I just dont know whether to call the dr tomorrow or if this is normal? I could use any advise im just uncomfortable because after they stop my stomach is so sore that I have a hard time sleeping. Has anyone else experieced braxton hicks that dont stop for this amount of time??? Thanks!!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ohsowonderful
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I've been getting more BH that won't let up with this pregnancy than my last. Drinking lots of water and changing position a lot helps.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

keun28
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I should have mentioned that Ive tried walking sitting laying down drinking tons of water and nothing make it stop it just stops when it stops but thanks for the tip!!

haley128
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I had Braxton Hicks contractions for 2 1/2 hours about a week ago and I told my Dr. about it she said that it might have been because I was a little dehydrated so the only thing I can think of is that it might be the same for you so maybe try drinking more water. Hope that helps.

yummy_mommy89
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:27 PM

if they wont stop and you have done all those then they might not be bh

ohsowonderful
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Oh man. If they aren't stopping you might want to have your doc monitor some contractions. Could just be early labor.

Quoting keun28:

I should have mentioned that Ive tried walking sitting laying down drinking tons of water and nothing make it stop it just stops when it stops but thanks for the tip!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sweety1018
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Yummy maybe right that is what i thought mine was when they would not let up and got worse that is when i timed them and went in and found i was in pre labor at 34 the doc don't want her born yet and i end up on pills to stop them. I don't think they are BH.

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

if they wont stop and you have done all those then they might not be bh

CafeMom Tickers
HeidiJo13
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I've been having them since 36 weeks and the doctor doesn't seem to think anything of it.  They have recently gotten even stronger.  I just keep hoping that one of these days they will turn into something more.  If you find out more I would be happy to know too.

BUMP!!!

EarthMommy10
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Definitely try drinking more water, even if you think you drink a lot you could be dehydrated. I was drinking only water all day and still ended up with "early labor/BH" in the hospital and they gave me an IV of fluids and monitored me. I had 2 additional early labor events where I had progressing contractions for hours and then they just stopped. The irony is after all that I went 9 days overdue. If you gulp down 3-4 tall glasses of water and it does not help than you may want to call Dr. to see or just go ahead to L&D and let them do monitoring and give you fluids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)