Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I take her? *poll* edit in RED

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM
  • 39 Replies

Question: Would/have you taken your LO to an appt with you?

Yes I have/would and I would recommend it

Yes i have and wouldnt recommend it

No that sounds like tourcher

No another reason

Other...please explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 72

View Results

I have a check up tomorrow and I thought it would be cool if my DD could come and hear the heart beat and see what goes on (shes 3) but my dr office takes forever! My apts are at like 930am and I dont get out till past 1 sometimes 2pm. I am unsure if I should take her and if she would be able to sit there for that long and behave or if I would have my sanity left when I left. What would you do? Have you taken your LO with you to an appt?

I decided not to take her only because the wait is so long and after a while she would be bored and I would be overwelmed since I will be by myself. I would love to take her this hurts but I cant when I barley stand the wait. Maybe when I am at the point that I only need to see the RN I will take her but atm I cant she will be happier at preschool with friends and her sceduale because I wouldnt be getting out of there past her nap time and lunch and everything and its not fair to her to have to be stuck in a drs office allllll day. Oh also it wouldnt be too bad if the wait was in the waiting room where they have toys and books etc but its in the ACTUAL room that I wait hours for the DR.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM

My son went to an ultrasound with me. I had my mom watch him in the waiting room until the very end. He did okay.

I tried taking him to an appt. with me so my doctor and nurse could see him (they haven't seen him since he was 6 weeks old), but the office took longer than usual that day, and he wouldn't cooperate. My husband ended up having to leave with him.

I want to try taking him again one of these days, but I definitely wouldn't take him alone. I would make sure someone was there that could leave with him if he started to get too fussy or anything.

Oh, my son's almost 2 if that helps.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I take my son with me to all my appointments, he is 3 also. My doctor lets him "help" when we are in the office. My son is pretty patient there are books in there for him to look at and I take toys so I would reccomend it, it helps them realize that there is a baby in there for real

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

i take my daughter sometimes, she likes it, she is 3 and knows that we go there to check the baby, i would recommend it, but only if you think she will be patient enough.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM

I would take someone else with you as well.  I took my dd's with me to all but like 1 or 2 appts because I had no other options. It was hard, but I just made sure I took things for them to do. but we were there 2 hours at most my dds are 5 and 2

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I took my kids to an appointment but I saw a midwife. So there was no waiting in a waiting room, seeing a nurse, then waiting in the exam room for someone to show up, then waiting for a nurse to finish up.

My midwife even brought her 6 month old baby to work with her every day, so it is expected that people who have kids will probably bring them.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I want to add that my girls LOVED hearing the baby! my 5 yr old heald the doppler on my tummy (with help from the dr)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:38 PM

I picked other because yes I have taken my son to the drs with me but it was when I was having ultra sounds done and just a few times at regular visits but I have DH with me too that way if our son who is three gets tired of waiting DH can take him out that way i'm not trying to get checked by the doctor and having him running around getting into everything.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:40 PM

EVERY time!!

I never went anywhere without her, not even to deliver the baby, lol!      (she was 2.5 years then--   see my avatar!)

What is so special about this office, just wondering, lol.    That is pretty lame...

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:40 PM

i Wouldnt.. If u can ..go to Walmart.. or where ever they are sold And Buy this.. I Bought mine at walmart when i was pregnant with my 2nd baby.. ANGEL SOUNDS ..its a Heart beat monitor..u use at home.. theres some that u can record it as well, and evan keep it after the baby is born ..and listen to urs and ur kids and whoevers ..its so fun n cool.. i used to use it so my son can hear his sister in my belly..and he'd listen to mine and his and his daddys he loved it

Or they have this one.. that shows how many a beat or w/e u know to monitor it better

by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM

my daughter went to every drs appoinment with me and so did my hubby. it was a family thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)