Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird feelings about movement

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

I feel really bad about saying this. And I'm wondering if anyone else has ever felt  the same:

I am pregnant with my second daughter. About 28 weeks. My first baby didn't move too much. When she did, it was really soft. This one is a kicking machine. She hurts my ribs and even makes me queasy when she kicks my stomache. And because i'm not used to how strong she kicks, i'm having some strange feelings. Like i said, i feel really bad but...I'm kinda grossed out by it. oh my god, is that awful?? I mean, i'm happy she's obviously healthy but when she starts squirming and turning and whatnot, i keep getting mental images of all of my organs moving around and then the thought occurs to me (why it didn't the first time, i don't know) that there is a living organism inside of me and it's all just freaking me out.

I love this baby! I've been so happy throughout the pregnancy. I'm just curious if anyone else ever had the feelings I'm having. I feel really bad about it.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1girl3boyz
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I  felt that way with my second one too ... bUT  THEN i  GOT USED TO IT  and loved it..especially after i ate I would wait to feel  him move around and know he was enjoying  the nutrition I was giving him!!!  it's beautiful.  I know  now  on my 5th  to enjoy every kick and flip.!!happy

2MuchHeart
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable way to feel in that situation I think your fine and anyone that can't can't understand stress like that can go *bleep* themselves. This makes you a stronger mom than all others (like me) that have a baby with little kicks. So I say "You go momma!"you rock

khrystina_marie
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I can understand y it's kind of freaking you out cuz u didn't feel all of this in the 1st pregnancy but I can guarantee that just b/c this baby is moving more doesn't mean that your organs and stuff are being affected! As you already know our bodies are made to withstand all this movement! All I can say is to calm down about it and don't think about it in a freaky way think of it as a great sign that you could have an awesome soccer player one day! lol! I hope that this helped you some! Good luck mommy!

VintageWife
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I absolutely LOVE the way it feels, but I have two friends that can't stand to feel a baby move inside them. I do think it's odd  when people feel that way, but I guess I can see why. You are just remembering how you never felt anything in there before and all the sudden things are moving around. I guess if I wasn't pregnant, it would gross me out to feel something going on in my stomach, but since I know I am finally getting my little girl, I am not bothered at all!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Some times I can feel her pushing somewhere that just shouldn't be pushed in, and I get a little weirded out by it.  I usually try to switch my position to help her move out of that odd position which is pushing obviously on something of me.  But, I do enjoy and love all her other movements.

SavanaF.
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I felt weird at first but its really cool..  37 weeks into the pregnancy though and she kicks -really- hard and rubs her head against my ribs and refuses to drop and Im starting to be mad at her.  lol

starrymonkey
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:26 AM

The first time I felt DS move I was laying in the pool reading a book - it freaked me out enough that I managed to flip over my floatie, successfully wrecking my book!  I have no doubt that what you're feeling is normal.  I was more pissy with DS - because he used to get the hiccups ALL the time and it drove me completely mad.  I couldn't sleep because he'd be in there with the hiccups all night long!  This time around I've only gotten a few flutters here and there so far, so I don't know how active this one will be.

I wouldn't stress yourself out about it, I'm sure you are not alone in this :-)

CafeMom Tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

MommyRJ
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:40 AM

lol oh mom!

my first was the hardcore mover- he made me miserable, everyone said i would miss it when it was gone but i didnt!!!!!! im glad this baby isnt a super mover, she has her moments but not nearly as bad...my first even literally bruised my ribs! i thought i was having a heart attack or something and went to urgent care haha.

but its weird but normal, pregnancy is weird!!!

CleverName1219
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Thanks all of you! She has not stopped moving since I made that post last night. And i'm still weirded out by it. Last night  my fiance and I were watching a movie and he was rubbing my belly and she stretched out so much that it was visible and he could feel her feet or head or whatever it was poking out a little. Even he was like, "Oh my god that must feel so weird to you!!" It's not the kicks and punches that bother me. Those are cute. I like tp put my cell phone on my tummy and wait for her to kick it off. It's the rolls and squirms and stretches. The things that allow me to feel the contours of her body. And i know my body is equipped to deal with it. It's just the mental image i get from the movements. Like i said, I can imagine my organs shifting and i think that's what makes me queasy. I'm a biology major so I've seen the insides of many creatures. AND i'm not a big horror movie fan because i dont like seeing guts. I think those 2 facts  kind of expain my squeamishness. Thanks again ya'll!

XenaBeth
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 1:19 PM

omg I feel the same way sometimes, I just didnt want to say anything, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)