Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

CAN U BELEIVE?!?!?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 5:53 PM
  • 10 Replies
CANU BELEIVE I TOOK EVERYONES ADVICE AND CALLED THE DOCTOR TO SEE IF THEY WOUD DO AN ULTRASOUND BECAUSE IM 22 WEEKS AND STILL NO MOVEMENT... THEY TOLD ME NO BECAUSE IM NOT BLEEDING!!!  I SAID I WOULD PAY FOR IT OUT OF POCKET AND DIDNT WANT ANY PICS PRINTED I JUST WANNA SEE HER MOVE ON THE SCREEN FOR MY WELL BEING AND THEY STILL SAID NOO IM SO FRICKIN MAD!!!!
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandnumom07
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 6:00 PM
my friend who had two miscarriages before she had her son, always wanted to have an ultrasound to make sure the baby was ok, so she would go to the emergency room and complain of bad cramps in her stomach(she lied) and they would give her ultrasounds, so maybe try that. i think that they would just to make sure your baby was okay. you should be feeling movement though because i think i started around my twentieth week, i cant believe that they wouldnt give you one. God bless you and your baby, and good luck.
mom2wy
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 6:04 PM
You can always go to another doctor.  Both my doctors with my boys would always ask is the baby moving.  I never had that prob. cause with them they moved alot.  If it is your first it may take alittle longer but I would prob. be concerned to.  Good luck and hope you the best.
aimeerhea
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 6:36 PM
There are lots of facilities around the US that do ultrasound for pay, they are not medical facilities, rather photo opportunists. FetalFotos I think is the name of one.

It's just an option if you don't have any luck finding a medical facility willing to do an ultrasound.

I think that's just mean for a Dr. to refuse you an u/s. For what? Makes no sense to me.
Starry_Morning
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 7:05 PM
Arg, how angering!!  I think it's total bullcrap that doctor's base their choices so highly on their own convenience and are so reluctant to trust a mother's instincts.  I have dealt with that myself some.  I would agree with the other girls, either lie and say you are bleeding or find a different doc. 
proudwifenmom06
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 7:08 PM
u can go to the hospital to L n D n they will hook u up 2 a monitor n usually do a sono they did 4 me!! hope all is well!!
skyelerr
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 8:36 PM

I will be praying for you and your baby  and if you are really concerned about it then  i would go to the hospital like everyone has suggested. It is so sad that they will not do an ultraound for you especially when you haven't felt any movement yet. I have never heard of any doctor that would not be concerned when hearing that . G-D Bless and i cannot blame you fro being upset.ttyl. skyelerr.

dawnkelly2
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 8:44 PM

Not to make you feel badly, but my OB is so awesome.  If I am worried about anything at all (bleeding, haven't felt any movement, illness, etc...) they make an appointment for me to have an ultrasound right in the office.  Even if it's just to make me feel better.  Is there any other OBs in the area that you could go see?

Piscean
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 8:46 PM
Girl, get a new doctor. Seriously. My doc would do an ultrasound if I even said I thought the baby farted (lol). But I'm not kidding. Get a new one. This one is not right for you in my opinion.
godsgirl2008
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 8:54 PM
i think that if u feel that there is something wrong they shouldnt be telling u no. i think they should give u an ultra sound so u can feel better to know that there is nothin wrong with ur baby.usually the first trimester is the scary part. u should be alright. some babies dont move until later in the pregancies. how are u doing so far? anything new?
Blondesmv
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:16 PM
I know how you feel.  My clinic only does sonograms at 20 weeks.  You only get more if you're high risk or they think something is wrong, like me.  I'm military so I dont have a choice who my doctor is but if you can, try to find a doctor will listen to you.  Dont you think you know your own body?!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)