Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Contractions every 15 - 20 minutes?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2010 at 9:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

Im 30 weeks and 3 days and all weekend i've been having contractions. Even when i was sleeping, they actually woke me up. My next appt is tuesday but should i go in tomorrow instead? Cant go now because im babysitting and the kids are sleeping and its pouring out right now. Also I've been having back pains and cramping =/

Ameira Michelle Nolan

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40

by on Apr. 25, 2010 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christinas1st
by on Apr. 25, 2010 at 9:19 PM

oh yea and my contractions have been 15-20 minutes apart

mcghee03
by on Apr. 25, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Call your Dr & see what they say, they should give you somethings to try before they have you come in. I've never had contraction that early so I don't know exactly what to do.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM

You may want to give your doc/midwife a call.  Hope all is well.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2010 at 10:16 PM

If this were me, I would do everything I could to get them to go away.
That might mean really hydrating, eating healthy snacks, resting, walking, showering/bathing, more hydrating.

How many children do you have already?
Did you have intense braxton hicks with them?

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I don't know here is a Bump hunny!!bump

ready_for2
by on Apr. 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM

15-20 mins apart isnt close enough for labor, but they may be causing you to dilate and efface, which can be good bc its less you will have to do when the real labor starts, but i would go ahead and give your dr/midwife a call if it would make you feel better. and watch them to make sure they dont start getting closer together and stronger....

try to drink a lot of water and pee often. if you are dehydrated, or hold your pee too long and your bladder gets too full, you will have more contractions

Marsh-mellow
by on Apr. 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Quoting ready_for2:

15-20 mins apart isnt close enough for labor, but they may be causing you to dilate and efface, which can be good bc its less you will have to do when the real labor starts, but i would go ahead and give your dr/midwife a call if it would make you feel better. and watch them to make sure they dont start getting closer together and stronger....

try to drink a lot of water and pee often. if you are dehydrated, or hold your pee too long and your bladder gets too full, you will have more contractions

I AGREE

Christinas1st
by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Quoting doulala:

If this were me, I would do everything I could to get them to go away.
That might mean really hydrating, eating healthy snacks, resting, walking, showering/bathing, more hydrating.

How many children do you have already?
Did you have intense braxton hicks with them?

This is my first. I've done everything i could. i pee a lot. switch my positions. drank a lot of water. they've stopped now but i'm still going to call my doctor tomorrow. thank you =]

doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Okay~  good, let us know how that goes.

:-)

Amom4BabyDude
by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 1:06 AM

I would call...too early to have the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN