Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Inconvenient Symptoms!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 6:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
OK, I've already had 1 child, and I was B-L-E-S-S-E-D during that pregnancy. I had some nausea and tiredness in the 1st Tri with him, but I was able to work, no vomitting, I could eat whatever I wanted, no problem. I didnt have any cravings or aversions.

THIS TIME...I have aversions to EVERYTHING! Just the thought of food, or putting something in my mouth makes me gag. I wait as long as possible to eat, then I feel worse, bc my body needs food! lol

I am having cravings too, and bc of all my aversions, I really buy into the cravings, bc it's the only way I can eat well. Last night, it was Quiznos. I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!

The only problem with these cravings is it's COSTING ME MONEY I wouldn't normally spend on eating out / food in general. I'm using utility money to eat with , even though I have plenty of food already in the house.

I don't know, am I wrong? Do I force myself to eat something that makes me feel sick or do I baby myself and give in to every whim?

Anyone else identify with this??

I'm STARVING right now!
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Starry_Morning
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 7:11 PM
I would say if you're still paying your bills, don't worry about it.  What I've found, (at least for myself) is that when I have a craving (pregnant or not!), if I deny myself I just want it more.  But if I give into it, eventually it goes away.  Like with this pregnancy, I craved Mountain Dew for months but didn't want to drink it cause of the caffeine & stuff.  Then finally I said f it & gave into it.  I drank it every day for like 2 weeks then I got sick of it and it went away.  I say, EAT!  I mean, this is the one time in  your life when you can actually let loose and excuse your cravings.  Why deny yourself?? 
skyelerr
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 8:32 PM
Well heres what i think ... they say that when your body is craving something that it is because your body needs it  and that is how i feel. as long as you are not eating anything that will harm the baby then i say go for it if you can afford it. to much of a good thing can be harmful but as long as you keep it under control everything should be fine.
Blondesmv
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:20 PM
It's nice to know that each pregnancy is different.  This is my first and I am having the WORST time.  I'm not sure I can go through it again, except that I really want to have a little girl.  I also have severe food aversions and, take it from me, if you're anything like me, you'll eat what you can, lol.
missjayjen
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:46 PM
after reading what you are going through, i realize i must be blessed as this is my first  and i have no morning sickness or food aversions. or maybe i do and i don't know as all i want to eat these days are fruits especially oranges. i do have bad backache though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN