• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower themes!???

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:42 AM
  • 9 Replies

SO's mom told me today that she was trying to think of a theme for my baby shower and I have no clue what she means lol.I never had a baby shower because I didn't want to throw one for myself but now I'm part of a new family with new ways and stuff so they want to throw me a baby shower.I thought it was either a boy baby shower or a girl baby shower so I'm at a loss.I'm having a girl and I don't want them doing too much pink so I need some suggestions...what is a good theme?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mikelas_Mom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:45 AM

I always thought a shower was boy, girl, or neutral themed too. I guess it would be a cute idea though...maybe go with a spin off of what you want for the nursery or something. Here's a bump! Good luck hun!

<br />
<a href=<br />
<br />
<div><a target=Pregnancy%20ticker
palemoon21
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Well the theme for my first DD was Winnie the Pooh since that's what her room was done in. With my 2st DD it was a color theme of purples and pinks.

I think what they mean is what to use for decor of the baby shower. If you were doing jungle, frog, princess, bears nursery...ect. You can do whatever you want to decorate for your shower I guess they just want to know if you have a preference. Have fun at your party mama!!! Enjoy it. :)

2love
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Thanks ladies!!!I just wasn't sure because I barely have a preference.lol!

JAIRATRACI
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:56 AM

I've never had a baby shower. The shower for my brother's ex when she was pregnant with my nephew was monkeys.

peaches_04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:57 AM

mine is a rainforest jungle theme...ppl normally pick a charector like hello kitty or winnie the pooh so al their furniture/ baby stuff matches but you dont have to

jennymitchell
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I threw a shower for a friend of mine and used a rubber ducky theme.  I put out rubber duckies as decorations and had a rubber ducky cake made.  The name tag game had rubber duckies on it.  It all turned out really cute.

2love
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM

Do you think rubber duckys is appropiate for a baby girl?that sounds cute.

Quoting jennymitchell:

I threw a shower for a friend of mine and used a rubber ducky theme.  I put out rubber duckies as decorations and had a rubber ducky cake made.  The name tag game had rubber duckies on it.  It all turned out really cute.

JessicaBays
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:08 AM

My baby shower theme is priness. Just all girly princessy stuff for my baby girl Anabelle :) I am channeling my inner 6 year old and LOVE IT. lol

2love
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:16 AM

LOL!Awesome!I cant do princess because my 3yr old would probably be mad lol!!

Quoting JessicaBays:

My baby shower theme is priness. Just all girly princessy stuff for my baby girl Anabelle :) I am channeling my inner 6 year old and LOVE IT. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)