• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The hatred in our nation...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:47 AM
  • 18 Replies

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
palemoon21
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Holy SH*T! This is wrong wrong wrong..........this made my blood BOIL.

skisbufly1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Ignorant Ass Hats... Nuff Said

JAIRATRACI
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:21 AM

That is disgusting. Sadly that is how my oldest son's father is. What is really fucked up is he is half Mexican. The dumb ass.

Mommy to Thour Barden 02/02/02, Mikhail Reid 07/10/07, Liam Doyle 04/25/09 and Wyatt Alexander or Totari Jayne due 07/22/10

pregnancy week by week
MyKsMaMa
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Wow... here I had a certain view that american thoughts have progressed! Guess not - I guess they don't realize that they are immigrants theirselves - only having to go back maybe 3 generations, and their family is from another country...

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Some of this is awful, but I am trying to understand why people are so angry that ILLEGAL immigrants are being deported, and people helping ILLEGAL immigrants are getting arrested.  You help a felon in this country you go to jail same concept, there is nothing wrong with coming in the front door the right way, but illegally coming to this country is not ok.  There are so many people that work hard to immigrate here legally and allowing the people who do it illegally to stay is a slap in the face to the ones who come here the right way.  My bestfriend's mom has worked her whole life on becoming a US citizen the legal and right way, and she is one of the first to get SUPER pissed about illegals coming into the country and getting welfare from a system they don't pay into. 

Jordansmom810
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Some of this is awful, but I am trying to understand why people are so angry that ILLEGAL immigrants are being deported, and people helping ILLEGAL immigrants are getting arrested.  You help a felon in this country you go to jail same concept, there is nothing wrong with coming in the front door the right way, but illegally coming to this country is not ok.  There are so many people that work hard to immigrate here legally and allowing the people who do it illegally to stay is a slap in the face to the ones who come here the right way.  My bestfriend's mom has worked her whole life on becoming a US citizen the legal and right way, and she is one of the first to get SUPER pissed about illegals coming into the country and getting welfare from a system they don't pay into. 

i agree.....

CafeMom Tickers
aubB06
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I'm with this mama.....

Quoting truealaskanmom:

hungrymommy10
by on May. 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Sorry but for all of you who agree with Truealaskanmom are closed minded and unrealistic people who don't care enough to educate themselves to think about the other side of the coin!

You think people love coming to this country illegally for the pure joy of it because they like to LIVE ON THE EDGE! Are you kidding me!?! They hate it! But the sad truth is they've got no other choice! Yeah if they were rich and had the patience to wait years then they would come legally but for many its either cross the border illegally or die of poverty in a country that doesn't give a hoot about you and your starving family. Sorry but if i was in that position I would probably do the same thing! If this country had a reasonable and well working immigration system like Canada's or other countries, then there wouldn't be this big issue about illegal immigration. I am not at all saying open the borders and let all people come in! I am simpley saying that this is a federal issue that does not need to be handled in a irresponsible way like that way the Arizona government is doing! And by the way you can not compare a drug dealer or a rapest or a serial killer to a regual daily citizen who could be your neighbor and only wants whats best for their family!

Until you are in that position where your life or your family's life is at stake then you will NEVER NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS LIKE!

Hrivera5
by on May. 6, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I agree.  My husband came to this country the right way when he was 10.  It's not as hard as some would make it out to be.  Just take patience and persistence.  I understand that many people have trouble waiting to do it the right way...but we have laws for a reason, you can't really pick and choose which laws you want to follow.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Lilypie - (tcb1)
Lilypie - (a0qu)

Megara
by on May. 6, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I agree - my family is Mexican, and my greatgrandfather first came here LEGALLY in the 30's.  We have a very large Hispanic population at our church, with several members at any given time going through the process of getting citizenship.  When so many are coming here illegally, they are just making it that much harder for people to do it the right way.  A crime is a crime.

And by the way, being rich or poor has little to do with it.  My best friend's husband came here when he was in his teens from El Salvador, one of the poorest places in South America.  He literally lived in a cardboard house in El Salvador.  But he was still able to come here and get citizenship.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)