• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beta update/question about spotting

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:31 AM
  • 2 Replies

Ok, so at 11/12 DPO  my beta was 41.80 is this ok ? I was just a little bit worried because I had some super light brown discharge, so I went to the ER and the DR did a pelvic exam and said she did not see any bleeding and that the cervix is closed . She said that my beta was low but then she admitted that she had never taken one from someone who was so early in pregnancy .She also said that it could be from implantation . I went on the beta board website and my number seems ok, within range.. but.. what do you guys think about the spotting ? It does not reach my undies and it only is there when I wipe once or twice a day .. it is so light that if I were not looking for it I would not notice it .. Also TMI, the crotch of my undies does get a tiny bit wet but when I check  they are only damp.. no color and no odor.. I would say that the spotting is more of a creamy slightly tan discharge, super light and appears maybe twice a day ( out of the like 12 I go pee ).. My sister in law said this is normal as did the tech at the hospitol but I am just nervous... We have been trying for so long.. I just don't want to lose this baby ... Hubby says I am being a worry wort and as long as it does not turn red and I don't have bad cramping I am ok .. which my cramping is gone.. just normal pulls ans twinges I had with my other two.. but I never had spotting like this before .. My period would have been due yesterday/today ... I have a 2nd beta on Tuesday afternoon .. I feel fine,, slight headache and super tired.. I slept almost all day ... So is the spotting ok? /normal for some women? and how are my beta numbers? Thanks in advance !!!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
snfr02chic
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:54 AM

At 10dpo my beta was 24...7 days later it was 1,297 so your's was higher than mine...I had spotting around 14/15 dpo for 3 days, and I'm sure it was just implantation bleeding, it usually happens around the time your period is due. and cramping is ok too, as long as it isn't bad cramping, mild to period type cramps is normal as long as you don't start bleeding. Also, bleeding can be ok if there is no severe cramping. My grandmother had her period all 9 months with both of her children and they are both completely fine. It's natural to worry a lot, I knwo everytime I wipe I check too, but since it stopped after those 3 days I haven't had any return. It sounds like you are fine, try to relax if you can...good luck!

mstevens10
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:02 AM

I havent' had any spotting but I have had a prior miscarriage.... my ob said if its brown or very light pink its nothing to worry about. Brown is old blood and light pink is pretty normal for some poeple in early pregnancy. She did say if it turned red or clotty to go in. But it sounds like you normal to me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)