• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you with heartburn I got a new tip from a friend and it works for me

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

oki was telling a friend of mine that i have really bad heartburn and that the pepcid AC that my doc told me to take were not working same for the tums.  so she said when she was pregnant she would get bad heartburn and the only thing that worked for her was she would eat 2 or 3 large marshmallows, well the last 3 times i got heartburn i tried it and it worked i was shocked it was instant relief, i don't know why it worked i just know it did so i thought i would share with you all also if you try it let me know if it works for you also

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM

interesting! i have never heard of that..hopefully it works for someone else as well! by the way your due date is my birthday!

BlessedToBMommy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM

wow I'm not at the point YET but I know its coming so I'll be willing to try anything, especially nonmedical!! Thanks for tip!!!!

Alaina83
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Oh cool, I will try that I had really bad heart burn last night when I was trying to get to sleep. I ate hot wings yesturday though so no wonder :P

Chick
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I have started having it too, I was told to drink milk but I didn't have any yesterday to try it

happyVTmommy20
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Hmm! Interesting! I will have to try that because I get it REALLY bad.

MelzyD
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Any reason to eat marshmallows is a good one!  Thanks for the tip!

jbyrd898
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I'll try it!

One of my friends told me to put sugar in my pasta sauce, so that I wouldnt get heartburn from it. My sauce is pretty sweet now (I then add some salt too), but it has made eating pasta much better.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)