Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractions/Cramps at 17 weeks?? HELP ASAP!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 6 Replies

I woke up this morning to a horrible pain in my stomach. Its NOT round ligament pain...I know that pain. And I know its not that. This is an on and off, cramping feeling like contractions. It happends every 5 minutes maybe..and is REALLY painful. There is no bleeding at all. It hurts in my back and lower pelvic region.

Ive never had contractions or braxton hicks contractions in my 3 pregnancies. My babies are all c-sections. So I am not sure what this is or what to do.

Any help??

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:57 AM

i started with braxton hicks that hurt very bad at 15 weeks and by 28 weeks my body was trying to go into labor. i am now 36 weeks almost and i have been in the hospital once a week for preterm labor since 28 weeks. I have also been on meds i had to take every 4-6 hrs to stop me from going into labor. You should mention this to your dr. Also try increasing your fluid intake

southernjess3
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:05 AM

i started braxton hicks with this baby at 8-10 weeks...had preterm labor stopped twice in a month...talk to your doc to be safe

grapejelly
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:09 PM

if it's frequent I'd call the doc.  you can't be too safe

K.a.C.87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM

id go in if u are worried

Mommap87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

go in hun... you wait too long they may not be able to stop it if it is labor. Keep us posted and good luck

MomNtheRes
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:19 PM

drown yourself in water- seems to help a bit. Been in the hospital on and off with contractions and pre-term labor as well, water and rest seems to be the only thing that "helps." I'd go in if you are worried as well, best of luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)