• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural labor and delivery

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had a completely natural labor and delivery with my first baby and now I hear all my friends saying how they have had epidurals and scheduled (unneccessary) c-sections. I just wonder...Does anyone have natural births anymore?

I'm planning on having another natural birth with this baby and would just like to have some peole to talk to about it and hear their stories.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
beckybol
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:18 AM

i feel the same way. i haven't had my baby yet but all my friends (especially those in the medical profession) talk about how they're going to have elective c-sections. they think i'm nuts for wanting to go natural.

MommaJai
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Im a registered nurse and yes I agree labor is painful...but the pain really does end once the baby is out. Good luck to you!!! I just feel if you prepare yourself for the pain and have good support you can get yourself through it.

Daisymae6
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM

i recently had my first natural home birth after 3 epidural births and although there was some pain i went into it with a positive attitude and confidence in my body. It was my best birth by far and i would do it all over again in a heart beat. :)

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I had a c-section with my first and harbor serious ill will towards all forms of intervention during labor, this time I am having an all natural VBAC, they won't even be allowed to hep lock me. 

boom_maker
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM

i tired to have a natural drug free delivery with my first. i was induced at 41wks due to extremely low amiotic fluid. after 2 days in labor and no progression i had a c-section. i was very disappointed but i got over it. he was fairly big, 8lb 12oz and had a HUGE head.

Aus
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM

This is our first baby, and we are planning a completely natural birth at a birth center. I know what you mean about people not understanding why you would want to go through having a natural birth. Honestly I don't know why they would WANT to have all of that stuff done with themselves and their baby, they are the brave ones. Its hard to find supporting people that understand what your trying to get out of the experience.

Your not the only one out there mamma!

pregnancy

pacificamom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I had interventions with my first two and am going natural this time. I want to experience this labor to the fullest and am mentally preparing for it. This is our last baby (probably) and I was very unhappy with the first two births and will remain at home for most of labor in the tub.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)