Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS IS PRETTY BAD..... I NEED SOME QUICK ADVICE. WHAT SHOULD I DO

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:33 AM
  • 26 Replies

I woke up this morning, and found that not only did my face feel puffy, but my finger were swollen.  My left hand I could barely get my rings off.  I had to rub oil on my fingers to get them off.  But my right hand is twice as swollen as my left!  I could be because of the way I was sleeping on it, but IDK.  I checked my BP several times in different positions just to make sure, and my BP is still low.  I know I didn't have that much sodium through the day, and I drank a tone of water yesterday.  I don't know what brought this on.   I want relief!  Is there anything I can do to make the swelling go down, especially in my right hand.   I know someone here has to have experienced this before =)  There has to be some sort of trick.  Thanks =)

My Family

combing  pregnant belly   toddler boy

Daddy      Mommy & Baby    Jaydon

Adrianna ~Coming soon!  

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaysmommy04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:36 AM

BUMP!

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM

If you can drink a gallon of water in an hour or less that should help if the swelling is not toxemia related, if after a few hours of drinking non-stop and resting it still doesn't go away you should be seen, BP is not the only indicator of pre-e and sometimes is not present even if you have it.  My guess is that you laid in the same position all night and your body is a little mad, so drink water til you gag and rest. 

jaysmommy04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Thanks =)

Quoting truealaskanmom:

If you can drink a gallon of water in an hour or less that should help if the swelling is not toxemia related, if after a few hours of drinking non-stop and resting it still doesn't go away you should be seen, BP is not the only indicator of pre-e and sometimes is not present even if you have it.  My guess is that you laid in the same position all night and your body is a little mad, so drink water til you gag and rest. 

My Family

combing  pregnant belly   toddler boy

Daddy      Mommy & Baby    Jaydon

Adrianna ~Coming soon!  

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:41 AM

BUMP! Sorry IDK!!

pacificamom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Bump!

Jordansmom810
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM

TIME!! LOL sorry momma!.. Lay on your side.. you can do the left or the right.. it could be from the way the baby is laying in your belly... if your bp is low that is good.. if it doesn't start to go down in an hour go to L&D.. I know that everyone says call the doctor but all there going to tell you is to go to the hospitol.. L&D will moniter you and help you feel better. good luck...

Ati_13
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:12 PM

A gallon of water in an hour or less is going to make you sick, I have to disagree with True on that one.  Water intoxication kills people and that is too much all at once.  You only need half a gallon of water a DAY, so doubling that and drinking it in an hour or less is going to seriously mess you up.

I agree that it could be any number of things, and that if it continues to be seen, but I wouldn't worry too much about it right now :)  Relax, put your feet up and get hydrated (but not over hydrated).  Eat something nutritious, maybe something a little diuretic (like cucumbers or melons) and feel better :)

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Quoting Ati_13:

A gallon of water in an hour or less is going to make you sick, I have to disagree with True on that one.  Water intoxication kills people and that is too much all at once.  You only need half a gallon of water a DAY, so doubling that and drinking it in an hour or less is going to seriously mess you up.

I agree that it could be any number of things, and that if it continues to be seen, but I wouldn't worry too much about it right now :)  Relax, put your feet up and get hydrated (but not over hydrated).  Eat something nutritious, maybe something a little diuretic (like cucumbers or melons) and feel better :)

Ati water intoxication in a pregnant woman is darn near impossible, it takes 4 gallons in one hour to effect the average adult that is not pregnant, and with the increased blood volume while pregnant it takes much much much more.  You need 1 gallon a day at least while pregnant not half.  Especially if showing signs of retaining toxins in your tissue which is what swelling does. 

mstevens10
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Quoting Ati_13:

You can drink more than a half gallon a day but DON'T DRINK IT IN LESS THAN AN HR... that is when water intoxication happens!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
mstevens10
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:35 PM

and yes it is true you have more blood volume but it still isnt healthy to drink it in a hr or less... 4 gallons in a non pregnant person is nuts the body can process 4 gallons in a day.. its less than that in a short amount of time thats how players die on the field

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)