Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how big of an adjustment is it REALLY going to be?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm due with my second, my husband's first child. DD is 5, and she goes to her dad's every other weekend, plus he picks her up two days a week for a few hours, AND he picks her up early from preschool every friday, and on my weekends I just pick her up after work. It's been this way for pretty much 4 years now.

I'm so used to having me time! And alone time with hubby! I know its going to be an adjustment, but how bad is it really going to be!? I'm really starting to freak out here.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Well yours isn't going to be nearly as bad as mine!! Lol! You could be having twins... My son goes to my ex husbands every now and then but I prefer him to be with me. He also stays with Gma and Gpa every now and then. I don't know I'm not really worried. I know life is going to revolve around the twins and I am okay with that. We will just have to have more get togethers at our house. Good luck and like I said you could be having twins so its not that bad!

MrsTuazon100706
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM

wish i could help you out. My DH and I are still married but expecting our second child, he is due in june and my hubby leaves for Korea in september for a whole year. since i had my DD i never had just me time and now that my son is almost here for the next year i wont ever get alone time. lol i dont think it will be that big of an adjustment cuz now you will get that special time with your new baby while your daughter is with her dad and i know that babies sleep alot so while he/she is sleeping then maybe that can be you and hubby time =) good luck =)

JHall
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Sorry I can't help ya there but what I can say is DH and I are used to "OUR" time and the way we work it is "OUR" time starts when the kiddos go to bed we just work a newborn in to that time and try to spend as much time with each other as we can.  It is hard with a new baby but you'll soon figure out how to work that time in.  GL momma!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)