Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

?? About mucus plug vs discharge....TMI....(Update)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:31 PM
  • 2 Replies

First off...this may be TMI for some, but I have no other way of asking this question...

I am a little over 32 weeks..This morning after using the bathroom, I noticed I was a little "slicker" than usual "down there"... Wiped better, looked at tissue and the first thought that came to my head was "omg...I lost my mucus plug!". Here's my problem/question... I've always read that when u loose the plug it'll be brownish and or pink tinged.... mine was yellowish/greenish but it was deffinately a good chunck of "goo"...  I have also heard that some women loose chuncks of the plug here and there before they ever go into labor...I'm hesitant to call the on call dr if it's nothing...but don't want to NOT call and there be a problem...

(Update)

I called my dr's on-call nurse this am and set up an appt to see my dr today instead of Thurs, especially since I'd started having VERY strong menstral type cramping...to the point that if I wasn't pregnant, I'd swear my period was starting! So...dr checks me out and baby's fine, I'm not dialated... She said that the cramping was just very strong braxton-hicks and that they can get really strong as my body's getting ready for labor. She measured my belly and did a double take...my last 2 visits, I've measured right on the dot for my week. This time, I'm measuring 2 WEEKS ahead!! I'm now scheduled for an unltrasound at my next appt in 2 weeks to see just how big my little girl is and to see if we'll be changing my due date yet again lol!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AmandaAwesome
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I don't think it's anything to call the doctor over, but it sounds like it's your plug to me! I lost mine with my DD the night before I was induced, and it had no blood what so ever. With this one, I'm just loosing peices and it's tinged a little brown... So, it should be fine and can grow back, so relax.

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I have always heard that if it is yellowis-greenish that means infection. I would call your doc always better safe than sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)