Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another one of my first time mom questions?? :-)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM
  • 23 Replies

Okay, I have been reading that I should be producing colostrum and even leaking some.  I haven't had this issue at all.  I am a little concerned because I plan on breastfeeding for the first year.  Should I be concerned if I am not leaking yet?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starrymonkey
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I don't know...  I didn't leak, but I also didn't produce milk.  I made the colostrum though. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

As a WAHM, I can help you change your physical and financial future!  Ask me how!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/desireepurvis/

Jozzie
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:04 PM

nope, you don't always leak.. this is my 4th child and haven't leaked this time around... 

sjump25
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I didn't leak colostrum with my son so with the pregnancy when I started leaking I freaked out a little bit!  I didn't know you got it till the baby came.  I think your fine if you haven't leaked, but you still may since you have 9 weeks or so left.

Aus

I'm in your same situation. 31 weeks, no leakies. I want to BF for the first year too... I haven't had any braxton hicks yet either.

pregnancy

Jozzie

i should've mentioned with my 2nd i didn't leak and was a milk producing cow! LOL 

shamillionaire

Heck no!!! I never leaked anything until after baby was born. But I am quite certain its in there you just aren't aware of it yet. Oh and after my son I had enough milk to feed the entire hospital!!

doosti
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:19 PM

im not pregnant but my dd is 18 months and i never leaked while prego and i never leaked after either...my dd is still bf and i still produce plenty of mil,not everyone leaks

mstevens10
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I'm not leaking ... dr told me some people leak and some people dont.. she said if i'm not leaking consider myself lucky because some poeple start leaking at 10 wks

KendraCay
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:25 PM

nope no worries. some people just dont leak, but still produce plenty of milk! consider yourself luck you don't have to wear nursing pads yet. =)

queenamy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Really, everyone is different.

I leaked with my daughters and didnt even make enough milk after.. only breastfed for a month each.

with this pregnancy, a boy, i'm not leaking.. we'll see what the outcome is in the end! i'm really wanting to breastfeed so I hope for the best

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)