Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Isabelle

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

we got Belle's outfit today. we wanted her to be wearing something we picked out for pictures, not just whatever the hospital puts her in. we got her a soft pink blanket, and a teddy bear too. we also got an album to keep her pictures in.

it was hard, i had a breakdown in the store because everything comes in packs of 3; 3 hats, 3 pairs of socks, 3 onesies. i cried because she'll never need more than one. every outfit that came together was labled "take me home!" which i just took as a cruel joke. anyway, i realized i'm just not ready to leave the house and walk around in public. saw a baby in an infant carrier and cried harder. and my 3 year old pointed out everything in the cart that's "for when the baby comes out!" still dont know what to do about the kids. if she lives long enough i would like them to see her, i just dont know how to explain that she's not coming home with us.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendraCay
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Thats a very cute outfit. I'm glad you found one that will work. I'm really sorry you have to go through that. Stay strong mama.

asil
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I'm so sorry mama.  But you are doing what is best.  A friend (although not very close) was faced with a similar situation, and did the same thing.  They got an outfit, blanket, and took picutres.  It's all you can do.  My friend also got some notecards (that were pink, her baby was a girl as well) and had her handprints and footprints put on the card to add to the photoalbum.

I can't even imagine how you are feeling, but I think you are really doing something great for your baby. 

mrspreggers14
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM

im really sorry!!!  I cant imagine how hard this is for you!! Stay strong!!

doosti
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM

thats a beautiful outfit! im so sorry you have to go threw this,you and your family will be in my thoughts!

ready_for2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:51 PM

im so sorry, i cant imagine how hard that would be to see all of that stuff.... i am glad though that you do get the chance to dress her and take pictures and make an album that you can keep her in forever, as well as your heart

Laceymom08
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Aww that is adorable

MotherRachelle
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It's a very pretty outfit you chose for her and the blanket looks so comfy. Is there any way they would be able to understand that she was such a special little girl that she was made into an angel to watch over them or something like that? I have no idea how I would handle it if I was in your shoes but maybe it would comfort them to know she's watching over them.

mwilt
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM

i really dont know what to say... im sorry and she will be beautiful. your family is in my prayers

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I have no idea what is going on. But man your story made me sad. I don't know what to say but that I am sorry you are going through something that sounds vey sad.

keeler_s
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Very cute outfit. I am truely sorry that you are going through something so tough!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)