Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is good for heartburn?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

What is a good trick to ease heartburn when you have nothing to take.  I would drink some milk but we are out and I have issues with milk.  So what else can I do to ease this?  Right now it is to the point where it is making me cough and gag.  I stay away from things that will start it up but it being in the 80s today and me being a bit hot it just started acting up really bad.   I'm out of Zantac til tomorrow so as long as I can make it through tonight without tossing my cookies I'll be fine.  No tums they don't work they just make it worse and I end up eating more and more of them.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pookie_1228
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Tablespoon of vinegar

JHall
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:55 PM

any kind of vinegar? I'll have to see what I have DH likes to keep some on hand at all times as a just in case thing. In case of what??  But I think this might just be that incase lol

Quoting pookie_1228:

Tablespoon of vinegar

pookie_1228
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Just regular vinegar.  It always helps me with heartburn and acid reflux.  Hopefully it will help you too.

Quoting JHall:

any kind of vinegar? I'll have to see what I have DH likes to keep some on hand at all times as a just in case thing. In case of what??  But I think this might just be that incase lol

Quoting pookie_1228:

Tablespoon of vinegar

JHall
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Cool...Thank you.  Gonna go see what we have.

grapejelly
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM

good luck :) let us know how the vinegar works

Ammie25
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:58 PM

If you happen to have any type of garlic pills...my dad swears by it.  IDK, never tried it, but figured I'd throw it out there.

nates_wifey623
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM

try marshmallow they work for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)