• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you Buy this for your baby?? piog

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM
  • 24 Replies

I'm having a REALLY hard time finding a dark wood nursery furniture set online used.  I'm trying to find something that has a fixed crib side and has a matching dresser that's in newer, good condition.  No luck :(  My bedding is coming soon and I need to buy something fairly soon, so i started looking at Walmart.

What do you think of this?  Would you buy it?  I wish I could afford a quality nursery set, but it's out of my budget.  I've never done layaway, but that could be an option... maybe.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=13278303&findingMethod=rr&

Graco - Combo 3 Drawer Dresser, Espresso$ 289.94

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Lauren-4-in-1-Convertible-Classic-Fixed-Side-Crib-Espresso/11081895

Graco - Lauren 4-in-1 Convertible Classic Fixed Side Crib, Espresso$ 135.00

If you have other suggestions, please post :)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiznShelk
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I just bought that same crib. We just set it up and it's amazingly sturdy. The little one won't be here until July but I read good reviews for it.

SpecialK651989
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I think they are beautiful. Quality does not mean the set has to cost $6,000. I am sure whatever you choose for your baby will be great:)

sjump25
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I think they are beautiful. 

Silvia1011
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Quoting LiznShelk:

I just bought that same crib. We just set it up and it's amazingly sturdy. The little one won't be here until July but I read good reviews for it.

Yeah, I did too.. and I liked that it has a fixed side.  I know the dresser isn't the best, but I'm hoping it'll hold up for a couple years.  

Is the color really an Espresso color?  Does it look closer to black or brown to you?  

pregnancy

HillaryRenee
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I was showing my SO this yesterday... I like that it's convertible and we already have the full size mattress for when he/she grows out of the crib/ daybed

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I think they are very nice and yes I don't see any reason why not!!

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Me too!

Quoting sjump25:

I think they are beautiful. 

mommyhonu
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I like them, they look nice to me.

zoeysmom331
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Quoting Silvia1011:

Quoting LiznShelk:

Yeah, I did too.. and I liked that it has a fixed side.  I know the dresser isn't the best, but I'm hoping it'll hold up for a couple years.  

Is the color really an Espresso color?  Does it look closer to black or brown to you?  

When they say Espresso, it looks more black. My bedroom furniture is Espresso. I love it.

Had I seen that crib, I would have bought it, but my great grandma insisted on buying us one and she already bought it. We had our choice between white or light wood...we chose the wood.

Adorkable87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

i like a little lighter wood but yes i would buy that for my baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)