Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower YES or NO??? UPDATED

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:00 PM
  • 111 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think having a baby shower for a 2nd boy is ok?

Options:

NO

YES

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 136

View Results

My son is 2 and a half and we are expecting our 2nd son in September, Do you think I should have a baby shower or not? Our crib broke bc we moved to many times when my son was really little. And we let my SIL borrow alot of our stuff bc she had a son 10 months ago. And our swing broke when she had it. Some of my family and my husbands family isnt to excited about this being baby boy #2, and think that since we already have a boy that we dont need anything. But really we do and you have to have diapers, wipes, lotions, bottles and pacifers.

So what do you think a baby shower for a 2nd boy?

UPDATED: I wrote my SIL a text and said "Do you think i should have a baby shower? I kinda think i should bc its about celebrating the baby. What do you honestly think? (The only reason I asked her was bc she asked me when I wanted to have one and then she remember I was having a boy not a girl)

Her reply: Well idk, if it were a girl, i would. But since its a boy and you have everything i would maybe have a diaper shower but not a full blown shower or nothing at all. But that is up to you bc either way I am buying for him.

I am in tears bc it hurts me that no one thinks I should have one bc I am having another boy.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I think it is great, every baby deserves a party in their honor.  That being said I have a girl and am having a boy and nobody is giving me a shower so we are on our own for stuff and it is sad.  I say it depends on the people around you. 

lette_with_2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:04 PM

i def think you should have a baby shower. why not even if you had everything you need it is a time to celebrate the new life and the new mom, maybe you should have one and just invite your friends and no family and see how they like it. and you should check criags list for somethings like a crib and swing and walker and stuff like that, some of the stuff ppl put on there are really nice, atleast where i live they are

kltaylor07

I'm in the same boat.  I've had 3 people offer to throw one, so we will do one.  Our son will be 3 in July.  We don't need any big stuff, just little stuff.  I doubt we'll register or anything... just a big backyard BBQ/couples shower.  More of a party than a shower really.

Realtor/Interior Designer  -  Oklahoma City  -  www.KateLadwig.com

lette_with_2

throw yourself a shower and invite your friends

Quoting truealaskanmom:

I think it is great, every baby deserves a party in their honor.  That being said I have a girl and am having a boy and nobody is giving me a shower so we are on our own for stuff and it is sad.  I say it depends on the people around you. 

LiznShelk
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM

I think showers are great if it's a "lets celebrate baby" event but I think it's kinda...odd...that they have become a party to receive stuff you need/want. I think nine months is plenty of time to get and save for anything someone might need. Getting gifts is great but no one should expect them.

Silvia1011
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I LOVE showers and think you should have one for every baby :)  Do you have someone who might want to throw one for you?  If not, you and your DH could throw one yourself and make it a co-ed shower :)

jessica268
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Some people say no. Same people say yes. It all depends on how your family feel about baby showers. I did have another baby shower when my daughter was 3 . Now Im prego again this time 8 years apart. And I asked my husband and best friend to throw me a shower. My best friend was so happy to do it. and i also love the idea of celebrating a new life.

sjump25
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I am having my baby shower next weekend and it is my 2nd.

lindseyj08
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM

yah you should.just because you are having a 2nd doesnt mean it has to have all its brothers things:)

KairisMama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:11 PM

If someone is willing to throw you one, then have one. Otherwise, just have a welcome baby party after he's born. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)