Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone else worry bout this? (piog)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM
  • 12 Replies

so yesterday there was a post in another group im in about stillborn videos on youtube. so i clicked some of them and OMG ITS SO SAD. I LITERALLY CRIED MY EYES OUT. but it got me worried about my daughter being a stillborn. cuz it happened so suddenly with all the others and nobody could tell why the poor babies died. so i guess my question is, do any of yu ever wonder about that? or is it just me? like im really really worried that my babies heart will jus stop. and does anyone know wat % likely it is that yu would have a stillborn?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
millermom07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM

It's something I have worried about, but I don't linger on it too much.  I'm just enjoying the happiness of being pregnant and the impending birth of my son (only about 3 weeks left).

But just to help you understand how I stopped worrying so much over it, I thought of this one day... when we first get pregnant, we worry about miscarriage.  Later on in pregnancy, we worry about a stillbirth.  After our babies are born, we worry that something will go wrong or happen to them.  As they get older, we worry about their health and happiness.  So as moms, our job IS to worry, but we know we can't go through life only worrying.  We have to enjoy all the happy moments also.  And if something bad does happen, we know we will have to deal with it and survive the best we know how.  So please try to stop worrying so much about that and just be able to enjoy the moments you have while pregnant... the flutters, kicks, growing belly, etc.

Hope that made sense and helped you some.

LiznShelk
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I saw the thread your talking about but was to afraid to open it. The thought has crossed my mind a few times though and it is scary. I mainly try not to let thoughts like that creep in. Hopefully none of us have to experience such a horrible loss.

SillyJessi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:13 PM

It crossed my mind sure, and I chose not to dwell on it.

Like PP says, as moms we worry, but try not to worry about stuff that you really haven't any idea about.

Just like getting out of bed in the morning...  there's always a chance "something" might happen, but we still manage to get up! 

mstevens10
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I have thought about it.. and thats one of my fears is that the heart will just stop.. but if I think about it too much I just go sit down and drink some water and wait for him to move once he does a good bit i'm fine again.

kisha89
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:24 PM

that is very true. thank you so much. i guess i jus worry cuz i complain about how she moves too much or hurts me and then i seen that video and it completely made me feel terrible cuz i guess i was takin it for granted and i jus dont want god to take my daughter cuz i wasnt appreciating this gift he has given me. but yur all right i shouldnt worry bout it!! thanks ladies.

Quoting millermom07:

It's something I have worried about, but I don't linger on it too much.  I'm just enjoying the happiness of being pregnant and the impending birth of my son (only about 3 weeks left).

But just to help you understand how I stopped worrying so much over it, I thought of this one day... when we first get pregnant, we worry about miscarriage.  Later on in pregnancy, we worry about a stillbirth.  After our babies are born, we worry that something will go wrong or happen to them.  As they get older, we worry about their health and happiness.  So as moms, our job IS to worry, but we know we can't go through life only worrying.  We have to enjoy all the happy moments also.  And if something bad does happen, we know we will have to deal with it and survive the best we know how.  So please try to stop worrying so much about that and just be able to enjoy the moments you have while pregnant... the flutters, kicks, growing belly, etc.

Hope that made sense and helped you some.

pacificamom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I must be crazy but I had honestly not considered it before. I'm not sure-maybe because the other two labors births were unique but never too scary.

Adorkable87
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM

i worry about it all the time... it happened to my mom, and my step mom! but thats why your dr's want you to pay attention to you babys movements do that and you'll be just fine.

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I prefer to stay away from all that kind of nonsense. I have enough worries with the fact that I am having twins. I always assume my babies will be okay. Thats all you can really do.

Ammie25
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I would definitely say, stay away from those!! Especially while pregnant! Don't we have enough to worry about!?!

brialeeanna20
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Well i will tel you if is very much a really fear. I lost my 2 child 8 days before he was due.  His cord got wrapped around his neck and they did not find it tell it was too late. So that is always on my mind. I do a  kick count 3-4 times a day and bought a home heartbeat monitor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)