• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bumping heads.

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey ladies, had a question to ask you all. Me and my fieance have been going back and forth for the past 3 weeks about the price of a baby bassinet and travel system for our new son. He says that me spending $400 for the both of them is just ridiculous. But my thought is that I think it's ridiculous for him to spend $160 on some shoes. Yes ladies, he spends that much on shoes. So I'm like what the difference in me spending this on our child. I don't get it. Wanted to get you ladies opinon on this issue?

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pacificamom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:22 PM

can you meet in the middle and get a good quality set at a lower price?

ksm2004
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Quoting pacificamom:

can you meet in the middle and get a good quality set at a lower price?

I thought that was a good price for the both of them. I even found a set on Amazon.com for $290 and he stills says that's to exspensive.

CafeMom Tickers
Miss-Baby-Baker
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Ugh, that's just how a lot of men are...especially if they are main bread winners. My husband is a great guy, but sometimes he can be just like your fiancee. EX: he bought an expensive remote controlled boat (275 dollars!), but when I wanted to buy night stands, he got a disgusted look and said it would be too expensive! I told him that if gets to spend that much on a toy for grown men, then I should be able to get something to make our bedroom nicer. That finally shut him up, because he knows it's hypocritical to tell me not to spend money on what I want while he gets to do it.

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Honestly I don't think he likes the price cause he wants to be able to buy more shoes for $160. That to me is not to much for the both of them!

JAIRATRACI
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

$290 is expensive for a travel system but I would spend that much to get a good one. I got the Evenflo Aura travel system for almost $200 and it's a piece of crap.

ksm2004
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Quoting JAIRATRACI:

$290 is expensive for a travel system but I would spend that much to get a good one. I got the Evenflo Aura travel system for almost $200 and it's a piece of crap.

No, $290 was for 2 items. The Travel System and the bassinet. I thought it was a preety good deal for the both of them.

CafeMom Tickers
JAIRATRACI
by on May. 3, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Quoting ksm2004:

Quoting JAIRATRACI:

No, $290 was for 2 items. The Travel System and the bassinet. I thought it was a preety good deal for the both of them.

If it's for both then it's a great deal. Way better of a deal than $160 on a pair of shoes.

Mommy to Thour Barden 02/02/02, Mikhail Reid 07/10/07, Liam Doyle 04/25/09 and Wyatt Alexander or Totari Jayne due 07/22/10

pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)