Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a quick question...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:23 PM
  • 18 Replies

I plan to bottlefeed and I didn't know if I needed to bring the bottles I am using to the hospital... I know they have those kind that are already made, but I don't want baby to get confused with the nipple, so what should I do?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyhonu
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM

You can always take your own with you and be sure to put it in your birthplan that you would only like those bottles/nipples used to feed your baby.

amy31308
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM

it's easier just to use what the hospital has. since your bottle feeding and not breastfeeding, you don't really need to worry about nipple confusion.

AmandaAwesome
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Do you know how soon babies eat after they are born? Gosh, it's my second time around and I am clueless.

Quoting mommyhonu:

You can always take your own with you and be sure to put it in your birthplan that you would only like those bottles/nipples used to feed your baby.

shamillionaire
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Bring the bottles.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I am a germ-a phob so I would bring my own I don't know how well they take care of the ones they use on all the other babies it grosses me out. 

zoeysmom331
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

If I remember with DD, they tried to get her to eat within an hour of birth.

I say bring the bottles.

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Do you know how soon babies eat after they are born? Gosh, it's my second time around and I am clueless.

Quoting mommyhonu:

AmandaAwesome
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Okie dok! I am having a c-section but as soon as I'm done being sewed up and such, they'll take me straight to my room with dad and baby. So hopefully one of us get to feed her, her very first bottle! I'm too excited.

Quoting zoeysmom331:

If I remember with DD, they tried to get her to eat within an hour of birth.

I say bring the bottles.

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Quoting mommyhonu:

ashley1213
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

I am a germ-a phob so I would bring my own I don't know how well they take care of the ones they use on all the other babies it grosses me out. 

Our hospital uses brand-new, sterile one-time use nipples that fit on bottles of pre-made formula that are thrown away after 1 feeding. I'm pretty sure that's standard in hospitals.

Since your bottle feeding, there's no concern for nipple confussion. It'll be alot easier to use the bottles they provide since you won't have a way to get the good and clean after you feed your baby!

Ashley
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers 

sexy_momma2885
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

u should consider breast feeding... its awesome you bond so much with baby... and its awesome to help u loose the weight... not only that but so great for the baby to be nice and healthy... i have lost 42lbs in 3 months! no joke... the end of my pregnancy i weighed 192 i now weigh 150 about 5lbs away from what i weighed before i had my fist baby.... just a suggestion! :0) good luck on the birth!

AmandaAwesome
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Thanks :) It's a choice my husband and I made together. My first DD was formula fed and our bond is just fine. I've never had problems with my weight either, so I'm not concerned. I know it's best for baby, but I know that she'll be ok with formula.

Quoting sexy_momma2885:

u should consider breast feeding... its awesome you bond so much with baby... and its awesome to help u loose the weight... not only that but so great for the baby to be nice and healthy... i have lost 42lbs in 3 months! no joke... the end of my pregnancy i weighed 192 i now weigh 150 about 5lbs away from what i weighed before i had my fist baby.... just a suggestion! :0) good luck on the birth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)