Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am soooo hurt.....vent!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM
  • 29 Replies

k so i had my baby shower today. kinda.  ive talked to alot of the people and they all said they were coming, and the ones i didnt talk to had told everyone that they were and theyd see eachother there.  well party started at 2....nobody efen showed up!  after 3 my husband called his sister and his mother and then they came. they stayed for may 30 minutes.  im pissed and im hurt.  if you cant make it that one thing, but atleast have the desonstsy to let me know.  no insted i sat there like a fool waiting for them. 

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joannarenay
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I am so sorry, momma!!  I would be hurt and disappointed too.  I really hope they find a way to make it up to you!

BooBearsMomma
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM

OMG!! That is awful:(  I'm so sorry, I would be so hurt too.

mom_mom_holly
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM

i dont even know if i want them to try.... they wouldnt have to make up for it if they werent butt heads in the first place yeah know.....errrg.... ok yes i said butt heads lol.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM

That is truly awful, people are so self-centered today how hard is it to be nice and do a nice thing for somebody.  I bet you are the kind of friend/family member that goes out of your way to do nice things for them.  This is why so many people are mean and bitter 

Ballababy177
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM

That happened at my last shower w/ my dd.... over 20 people said they'd be coming. I sat there for hours... Only 2 people showed up. DH and I threw our own shower too. No one offered to throw it for us. So we spent a ton of $ and time on decorations. We got 2 things. A homemade baby blanket and used recieving blankets.. I spent like $75 on food and decor. I could've used that to buy my baby stuff that I didn't have. I was a broke teen mom at that time. I needed to spend my money on something better. And worse, no one apollogized. So, I feel ya hun. I am so sorry that that happened to u.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:38 PM

It is truly too bad that we are all friends on the internet and not in real life.  If we were in real life none of us would be having shitty things happen around our pregnancies because we would so be there for eachother. What happened to treat others as you would like to be treated?

mommyiverson22
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM

:( sorry

momnstepmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I'm so sorry you got hurt like this. With my second child I went into labor on the day we were supposed to have his baby shower, so everyone wound up going to the hospital with me. This time around I've asked that there be no shower since we're not sure what size the baby is going to be (the doctors are saying she's going to be big, but my previous two were predicted big and were actually small so we're not sure).

I'm really sorry that you were hurt like that though. :(

HillaryRenee
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I agree with everything that you said. My hormones are making me want to cry for you right now :'( I just couldn't imagine. I'd be so unimaginably hurt! I would never stand up a friend IRL group hug

Quoting truealaskanmom:

That is truly awful, people are so self-centered today how hard is it to be nice and do a nice thing for somebody.  I bet you are the kind of friend/family member that goes out of your way to do nice things for them.  This is why so many people are mean and bitter 

MamaHardy2008
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:52 PM

im sorry momma! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)