Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with other children?UPDATE*

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

So I am 38 weeks pregnant and have a 19 mo and we live in the same town as my family and none of them are willing or ever have thier phones on to take my dd while I am in labor!I dont know what we are going to do!I called my mom and said today might be the day can you take Marley and she says NO you need to plan your pregnancies better I dont have time to watch her!Ouch that really hurt from all our previous talks I thought she was more than willing to help.I called my dad his phone is off!I dont have money for a sitter let alone know anyone who I trust to leave my dd with!What am I going to do??What are you other ladies doing with your lo's when in labor?

Thanks Ladies a frind of mine stopped by while I was fraking out over all of this and told me she will take her and even went to walmart and amde us a key so we can just bring dd over if it happens in the middle of the night.I am greatful that she just happened to stop by(she dosent have a phone)

I'm a married to a disabled vet, natural birthing, breast feeding, co-sleeping, vaccinating, , montissori schooling, cloth diapering kinda mom. I'm pro-choice, democratic, trying to find faith, and all for world peace. So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!

Love the life you live,live the life you love.-Bob Marley

by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM

This is why I plan to keep my 22 month old DD with me and have somebody watch her in the waiting room for a short time.  I am laboring at home for as long as possible.  I would be sooo pissed at your mom, and not tell her once the baby is born but I am having a hormonal day today and feel vindictive.

KairisMama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Oh my, first off I am sorry your family would act like that. How terrible. Ask your OB about the hospitals policy on having siblings in the room, if you may need to go that route.  

hedtrippe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I am pissed and really hurt I think that I will labor at home as long as I can but ugg I dont want my husband to not be with me!

Quoting truealaskanmom:

This is why I plan to keep my 22 month old DD with me and have somebody watch her in the waiting room for a short time.  I am laboring at home for as long as possible.  I would be sooo pissed at your mom, and not tell her once the baby is born but I am having a hormonal day today and feel vindictive.

I'm a married to a disabled vet, natural birthing, breast feeding, co-sleeping, vaccinating, , montissori schooling, cloth diapering kinda mom. I'm pro-choice, democratic, trying to find faith, and all for world peace. So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!

Love the life you live,live the life you love.-Bob Marley

WhiteTigerLily
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I think your husband can be with you just take the baby with you. My brother and his wife took my son when I had my DD by csection. IDK who is going to watch my 2 kids this time but Im sure someone in my family will. My brother and his wife or posibly my aunt. Maybe even my SIL since they live here IDK. I am sorry and if I lived closer I would be happy to help out. IDK what I would do w/o my family.

truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Quoting hedtrippe:

I am pissed and really hurt I think that I will labor at home as long as I can but ugg I dont want my husband to not be with me!

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Do you have a friend that might come to the hospital and baby chase?  That is our plan if my in-laws behave this way (they do a lot).  We have a friend that will come to the hospital at the end that way I have my DH and doula and can have her my DD come in right after he is born.  I want her to be first to meet him after me and daddy. Really I think we have several friends that would come and help with her if we asked.  

coolmom_4b
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM

So sorry that your family is a pain.  I have a friend lined up to watch my kids and a back up as well.  I have learned that my family cannot be counted on but my friends can be.  Hope you get something figured out.

MommyLehr
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:44 PM

are you able to vring her with you?

mrs.phillips123
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Thats terrible... im not sure what you should do. maybe the hospital you are at will have a daycare? im not sure if they do that or not... good luck : (

momnstepmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I'm so sorry your family won't help you. Bio-mom took the kids for DH and I when I went into labor with my daughter, my MIL took our daughter when I went into labor with our son. She's also going to take both kids for us when I have this one.

My dad lives in another state with my step-mom, they are going to come up when our third child is born so that my step-mom can be here to help me for the first week I'm home. DH is going to take the second week and MIL is going to pick up from there until I'm healed. My mom is so preoccupied with her church that she isn't willing to help at all, so I understand the hurt your feeling even though I do have the support of my dad, step-mom and MIL. Maybe if you tell them that you'll just take her with you when you go to the hospital they'll step-up and help?

lette_with_2
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:51 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)