Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you sleep?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

Or NOT sleep, as the case may be, lol. Do you sleep with 15 pillows, all under a different part of the body? On the couch? In the recliner? Under a fan on medium setting at a  43.7 degree angle?

I tend to try and get comfy on my side, with my top leg thrown over a pillow. I thought I found this position most comfortable, but lately I keep waking up on my back...go figure. Dh is deployed, so I have taken over the entire bed and sleep wherever my body takes me in the night, lol. 

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
truealaskanmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I have 2 foam blocks under me a body pillow at a steep angle folded in half, a prego pillow wrapped around all that, a square pillow under my legs, and my pillow under my head.  I am on my backish propped up and I sleep like shit

rebecca_bullard
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM

i have a snoogle mini side sleeper. I use that, and sleep on my side...when i can, haha, like you said. Being sick along with pregnant makes sleeping hard. My husband HAS to have the fan on, even in the winter...but after 5 years together Ive gotten used to it as well. I usually have to fall asleep with blankets on me, even in the summer. But once Im asleep I kick them off because its too hot. LOL..

EllaEnchanted04
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Ugh I wish I could sleep I start off on my left side with a pillow between my legs since they say that's the safest way to sleep but I also have a metal screw and rod in my left hip and with the extra weight it hurts to bad so I'm awake an hr later to roll on my right side (which isn't as easy as it use to be I have to plop to my back then kinda plop to my right lol) then I fall back asleep but the baby doesn't like me sleeping on that side so I'm up like an hour or two later so I can roll to my left side look at the clock then roll onto my back which doesn't last long either cuz I feel like I can't breathe with the extra weight. Ugh I can't wait until this pregnancy is over and my sweet little baby is here and I CAN LAY ON MY STOMACHE AGAIN LOL

MomNtheRes
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM
buuump
Megara
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I have to set the a/c at 68, then get under just a sheet with a minimum of 3 pillows - one for my head, one that I hug to my chest, and one between my knees.

supernesie
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I usually start out facing hubby in the bed on my right side, and then right before I fall asleep, I tend to roll over to my left side.  I bring the body pillow with me wherever I go in the bed, and I always have one leg on top and most of the time, the other right underneath the pillow.  I'm having trouble getting comfy lately though... *sigh*

luvmyairman
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Quoting MomNtheRes:

Or NOT sleep, as the case may be, lol. Do you sleep with 15 pillows, all under a different part of the body? On the couch? In the recliner? Under a fan on medium setting at a  43.7 degree angle?

I tend to try and get comfy on my side, with my top leg thrown over a pillow. I thought I found this position most comfortable, but lately I keep waking up on my back...go figure. Dh is deployed, so I have taken over the entire bed and sleep wherever my body takes me in the night, lol. 

Same here.

Capricorn89f
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I generally sleep on my side but just in the last few days i think i have hit that part of the 3rd trimester where no matter what u do u cant get comfortable....this is my first pregnancy. I try to sleep with a body pillow and keep my leg over it and my stomach against it yet i wake up in some strange postion. My Hubbi tries to help and make me comfortable when he can....rubbin my back, shoulders, or stomach  to get me to fall alseep....but our little girl is pretty active recently and keeps me up for hrs at night....which keeps the hubbi up too and considering he is a soldier, that is not really a good thing. lol. but he says its ok...he just reminds himself, and me, we only have til July to deal with me being uncomfortable when i sleep....lol

Alyssa1988-21
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2010 at 12:24 AM

However I can get comfy

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)